PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning tables

preso
30-06-2007, 09:48 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else notice a distinct lack of cleaning tables at ramps in sth east Qld.
Perhaps there's a reason for this, but I for one would like to see more of them. Is it that councils etc dont want to attract the toothy ones near ramps, where quite often there are BBQ/picnic areas, and kids.:-/

tunaticer
30-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Best cleaning table available is an old ironing board with the foam removed and a sheet of plastice siliconed to the top of the mesh. Collapsible and portable and you do not need a big ironing board either. Mine is a 4 foot model and has ample room for everything and i slip it in the back of the wagon at the ramp and after ive finished fishing and the boat is on the trailer i take it out fillet away rinse off and put in the bottom of the boat for taking home. no mess no fuss plus i get to do the filleting on the beach right at the waters edge to drop the scraps into for fish and birds.

cheapo ironing board are about 20 bills and mine is over 10 yrs old now and still not rusted away to nuthin yet.

Jack.

preso
30-06-2007, 02:11 PM
:thumbsup: Great idea. Think I will spend the $20 and do the same. Beats the hell out of cleaning them at home.

juju
30-06-2007, 02:35 PM
Problem is the grubs always leave them filthy...putting non fishing people who have acme to the ramp to sit in thier cars and eat fish and chips off thier dinner...so monday morning the complain to the council.......

Foxy4
30-06-2007, 03:20 PM
I tend to agree with Juju's comments

webby
30-06-2007, 03:51 PM
I see your now a Bronze Aussie , bloody post whore.
Mate take the scraps to work and throw them in the bin, maybe you'll earn a Final ??????

preso
01-07-2007, 10:20 PM
Yeh I know Webby. It only took me 12mths. Putting the scraps in the bin at work isn't good as I will have to empty it.:grin:

finga
02-07-2007, 07:41 AM
I got a ripper of a cleaning table from the scrapey the other day.
99% alloy (only some bolts cad. plated rusty stuff), big,strong, collapsible and bloody cheep.
It is an old gurney from an Ambulance.
I have to go back and get another because the one I got has now got my (semi) portable tool box on it and I can just wheel it up to Wally the wonder wagon and keep pushing and slam the back door. The wheels all fold up and down just like magic:)
No more trips to the chiro. :)
PS yep, it's the grubs (2% of the population) that stuff it for the rest of us (98%) :'(

Owen
02-07-2007, 08:57 AM
I got a ripper of a cleaning table from the scrapey the other day.
It is an old gurney from an Ambulance.
:'(

Mate..

You have to rig up a couple of paddles on some curly wire and an IV drip bag.
Be just the go for those borderline catch & release cases ;D ;D

Picturing Finga...

Give me 300 volts..... CLEAR!
No pulse..... AGAIN.... CLEAR!

Throws paddles and pounds on Bream with fist

LIVE DAMN YOU LIVE!!

2iar
02-07-2007, 08:58 AM
Finga, I'm going to have to come down to your place for a visit soon. It sounds like Alladin's bloody Cave.

You're an ideas man, I'll give you that :-)

Good luck,
Mike

FNQCairns
02-07-2007, 09:59 AM
Finga that's a classic, the wonder wagon isn't an old hurst (sp?) is it??, Now to get a scanner a couple of 12v battery connected to an inverter and a couple of redesigned irons (your a sparky!!) and you are away, never a dull moment in between fishing trips:)

Think they made a suburban type super hero movie based loosly on stuff like this:)

Seriously great idea, 10/10 for the latteral thinking.

cheers fnq

Reef_fisher
04-07-2007, 10:06 AM
;D ;D Love the gurney idea, wouldn't fit in the Tribute though:( :( Have just got rid of the ute:'( :'( and we are now a one car family. Hard when I want to go fishing and the missus wants to go shopping(which she likes to do 8 days a week) Can't use a tractor around here, To far to the ramp. One of lifes challenges I suppose. I love reading these types of posts when I am bored.

Reef_fisher
04-07-2007, 10:09 AM
Sorry forgot about the original post. We don't have them up here, too many snapping handbags around. Even the bins have been removed because they attracted the crocs, if you are launching or retrieving in the dark you certainly don't want to meet one of them.

theoldlegend
06-07-2007, 04:13 PM
I was going to put up a post that I thought would have benefited everybody, and for the good of the community. All that stuff. That's the type of chappie that I am. Well done John.

It would have had some real good content as to the subject matter in hand.

Then I forgot what the original post was about, so I'm buggared if I know what you're all talking about.

Finga, does that mean when I die, you've got the apparatus to transport my frame to the hole in the ground in the back yard next to the silky oak (Grevillia Robusta) tree?

Geez, all this stuff is sometimes too much for me to handle.

Bloody hell.

TOL

finga
06-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Finga, does that mean when I die, you've got the apparatus to transport my frame to the hole in the ground in the back yard next to the silky oak (Grevillia Robusta) tree?

Bloody hell.

TOL
Well that'll have to depend on which one we use....
option (a) is the scaling, gutting and filleting table or
(B) the table with my tool box on it.
Which one do you reckon would suit best?? :-/

Feral
06-07-2007, 11:04 PM
Grubs make a mess wether there is a cleaning table or not. A month or so back I was at Wello point, and some grub had tossed a dozen or so large snapper frames into the water next to the ramp, still there at low tide , would have been a good pong after a day or two.

GAFYM
08-07-2007, 11:50 PM
Back to the original post gents... Yes there is a lack of fish cleaning facilities in S.E. Qld but it is better than it was many yrs ago. Seems to me the Pelicans and Shitducks get all the scraps before any toothy critters get to them.
Right...There are a minority who couldn't give a fishes tit about cleaning up after them but it makes me feel all "warm and fuzzy" when i clean up after them AND myself as well. U will always get them' no matter what.
Hey JuJu...How many of the fraternity who come to the ramp to eat their fish @ chips leave their left overs where they ate???
Also noticed while travelling around the Northern regions, many places have bins provided for fish scraps as a priority and fairly prominent signage to take the offal with you to discourage the Gecko's