PDA

View Full Version : Oyster Point Boatramp Wynnum

reidy_g
30-06-2007, 08:02 AM
G'day all,

My tribe and I have seen the light and recently moved bayside ;D from the western suburbs and Oyster Point ramp at Wynnum is my new "local". I'd love to get some info from anyone who uses/knows the ramp as to how it goes. How's the launch/retrieve at low tide? How's the water depth in the area? How busy does it get? Any dramas with tea leaves? I'll be launching a 17 1/2 ft. tinnie. I can use Manly (which is a great facility) but Oyster Point gets me in the water that much sooner plus the co-op's there so i can save face when I come home with duck egg!!!

Any comments appreciated.

Marlin_Mike
30-06-2007, 08:07 AM
Mate shallow at low tide but still usable.

Mike

richieboy
30-06-2007, 05:53 PM
Yeh, shallow at low tide and not very wide either. Manouvrebility can be a little restrictive but it's fine. Also my local when the boat arrives. Under 10 mins boat on trailer and in the water from my place. Gotta love that. Welcome to Wynnum! ;)

Richie

reidy_g
30-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Thanks Richie. What rig are you getting? I'm waiting on mine as well. Feels like 6 weeks going on 6 months. Shades of Xmas as a kid. I'll see you out there.

Foxy4
30-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Hasn't changed in years. I agree with both Marlin_Mike and Richieboy. I often used it when I lived down at Lota. Just got to get the feel for it at low tide.

Made it a real nice quick trip to a few of the Spot X's. Manly ramps are also good in any tide.

I used to dig worms just out from there on the left as well.

Thanks for the memories.

reidy_g
01-07-2007, 06:49 AM
Thanks Foxy4. Yep, great spot for sure ...everything nice and close (including the pub). Where do you feed the habit from up in Kallangur?

BrettA
25-01-2008, 11:20 AM
which one is oyster point? is that the one at the end of glenora road?