PDA

View Full Version : Minnkota 55AP Bowmount

bassfanatic5
28-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Hi All,
Had a look at the 2007 Minnkota 55 pound Auto pilot today and was surprised that they have made the co-pilot standard and the digital foot control an optional extra. The price has gone up to $1795 at the local dealer but he did not as yet know how much the optional foot control would cost. The co-pilot was always a good option but I personaly prefered the foot control when fighting a fish. Has anyone else has a squiz at them.

Cheers Damien

Dunco
28-06-2007, 09:18 PM
Hi Damien,

I have one on order with the guy building my boat but have not seen it in the flesh. I haven't used an electric motor before and all the people I have talked to have recomended the Co-pilot, even a second control for your mate. But it does seem logical to have both hands on the rod while fighting a fish. I guess I'll have to learn pretty quick how to hold of a 70cm barra with one arm.

All the dealers in Nth QLD are still trying to get rid of the old model at $1295. BLA have them listed at $2487. Sometimes I think they pull prices out there A$$ (Minnkota & Humminbird). >:(

The price I have been quoted ($1975) is before I hit him up for a discount. Please PM me with the dealers name I might give him my business.

kpmack
29-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Hi Guys. I have the older model 55 AP Bow mount and love the thing. Just the ticket for flicking for bream and flathead in the estuary. And yep, you dont have to take your hands off the rod to steer the boat. Good luck with the new model. $1295 plus $85 for the quick release bracket,plus a large Deep cycle battery at $200 and something was enough cash to part with for me..............Cheers......................Paul