PDA

View Full Version : Price for a pair of 4 strokes

Ozwald
27-06-2007, 11:07 PM
I've probably missed the bleedin obvious but I cant seem to find a website that will give me the price of a pair of 50hp 4 stroke outboards, probably honda's or yammies. I'm doing a very rough and ready costing for a potential project boat and I'm sure there's plenty of Ausfish members that could let me know what the current market price is?
Thanks in advance
Oz

Lovey80
27-06-2007, 11:19 PM
I did some similar research last week. I left the figures at work so cant give exact but around the 8500 unfitted. Priced varied anly a few hundred either side of that depending on the dealer and the make. Fitting also varied a fair bit. You may get a discount because your buying 2. You actually have to ring at a minimum to get a price. E-tec 2 strokes were in the same bracket. It's a pain in the butt really. You should chose the engine you want tell them your going to decide on a dealer that day so you need their absolute lowest price fitted. Drive to The next dealer tell them you have a price and you need thier best absolute price and if they dont beat it turn around and walk out with out saying a thing, if they chase you out of the shop you know it wasnt their best price ;). Had a mate that did this with a new ute and saved more money than i thought possible and got about 3k worth of extras.

Remember i was just calling face to face surley you could get them under 8k an engine fitted.

Cheers Chris

joeT
27-06-2007, 11:22 PM
Prices for anything marine are hard to find online for some reason. Its a very closed market for price information about anything.

These two places publish some outboard prices:
http://www.satisfactionmarine.com.au
http://www.currumbinmarine.com.au

Hope they get a few more sales for being upfront with prices, it would be a nice thing for consumers.

Ozwald
28-06-2007, 10:49 AM
Thanks guys this info was just what I needed.
Oz

boatboy50
28-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Hey Guys,

The prices at www.satisfactionmarine.com.au (http://www.satisfactionmarine.com.au) are a guide only. They mostly are RRP for the local area.

When it's time, go to them and you will get prices much cheaper than that.

They got their arses kicked when they published their actual prices because the opposition whinged that their prices were too low!

Regards

Darren

rat_catcher
28-06-2007, 07:03 PM
This whole secrecy in pricing thing is one of my pet hates! I have no idea why they think they need to be a big secret. Just publish the damn RRP's and then the dealers sell at whatever they want. The free market will sort it all out.

Achjimmy
28-06-2007, 08:35 PM
I've probably missed the bleedin obvious but I cant seem to find a website that will give me the price of a pair of 50hp 4 stroke outboards, probably honda's or yammies. I'm doing a very rough and ready costing for a potential project boat and I'm sure there's plenty of Ausfish members that could let me know what the current market price is?
Thanks in advance
Oz

Was quoted $7200 fitted for a single Yamaha 50HP Fourstroke including cables. $7700 for a 60HP Fourstroke. Incedently the Fourstrokes were only a grand dearer than the Yamaha two strokes for there respective HP. Hardly seems worth buying the two stroke unless your budget was tight or wieght was an issue. Although the weight difference between them is not much according to the website. Prices were Western Sydney.

Rgds

Jim

Dan5
28-06-2007, 08:51 PM
I'm getting the 60hp 4strk yammie in tiller fitted for$8300 the tiller model is about $100 bucks cheaper so they tell me but they will tell you anything!I got quoted $7900 for the suzi 50hp and $7800 for the merc/mariner 60 and this is all last week's price's in north Qld.