PDA

View Full Version : Onkaparinga Gorge, South Australia

schoesno1
27-06-2007, 09:33 PM
howdy folks
is there anyone around who lives south of adelaide that has ever tried out the onkaparinga gorge. there are quite a few decent sized pools in there during winter and im wondering if its worth a try? ive heard of people catching a few redfin but it could be a decent spot.
any replies would be really helpful
cheers;D

codcatcha
28-06-2007, 06:21 AM
there is a small population of trout in there nothing of any real size but they are there

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
29-06-2007, 07:21 PM
im from that area and ive fished there for quite a bit its good fishing plenty of freshwater fish in there like trout carp and redfin, have you tryed the adelaide wetlands there are huge carp in the just like the fish on my thread on carp above this thread im pretty sure its illegal in some areas but who cares its all about the fishing to me

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
29-06-2007, 07:23 PM
i use bread worms corn
grind up some bread and throw that out in bomb that get all the fish in close to your spot

schoesno1
30-06-2007, 05:21 PM
thanks for the info mate
im gonna try it out soon as i can
ive never tried the wetlands before though

reel scream
30-06-2007, 06:23 PM
When i was a kid growing up in adelaide we used to sneak into the botanical gardens with a teloscopic rod. The carp get to over 1mtr long. Good fun as young blokes.

Cheers Scott.

schoesno1
30-06-2007, 07:22 PM
never thought of even trying the botanical garden
probably too much security to sneak in now anyway

schoesno1
30-06-2007, 07:28 PM
does anyone know any decent spots , fresh or salt that are land basedlocated around the southern suburbs of adeliade?

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
30-06-2007, 07:56 PM
heres a good land based but its more north west but theres plentys of snapper there theres jettys semaphore and largs and a bit further down is a rock jetty.
there a big rock jetty and a small rock jetty. walk right to the end of the big one and you'll have a feed of snapper straight away {only in season}.

cheers chris

schoesno1
01-07-2007, 05:18 PM
thanks mate
ill try it out some time
i dont mind snapper at all
better than what i usually catch
cheers