PDA

View Full Version : Sat 28th July Next Marine Radio Course

subzero
26-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Hi all, just to let you know when the next Marine Radio Course and test is on.

Date: Saturday 28th July

Venue:
My home at 71 Chatswood Road, Daisy Hill, Qld 4127

Start time:
8.30am, finishes at approx 5pm. (This includes the time taken to sit for your Certificate/License)

Costs:
Handbook $30 (This is optional)
Office of Maritime Communications Test Fee $48.20.
(I don’t have small change; unless you are paying the O.M.C direct for this fee or have the correct money then it will be increased to $50-00 for my convenience)

Course Fee: $20. This covers the expense of the Tea/Coffee/Milo, Biscuits etc as well as the replacement of the bulb in the overhead projector and any other incidentals. (Lunch is not provided but there are shops less than 3 minutes away).

This course fee is waived if you are either an active member of VMR Victoria Point or a member of VMR Victoria Points Waterside Assist Club. (It is not waived if you are a member somewhere else).

For those whom may wish to join our Waterside Assist program go to http://www.vmr.org.au/watersideassist.html

You can join and pay online saving the cost of the course fee and gain other valuable services.

All up the total cost without purchasing the Marine Radio Operators Handbook will be $70, ($68.20 if you have the correct money).

The cost with purchasing the Marine Radio Operators Handbook will be $100. ($98.20 if you have the correct money).

There is no longer 2 separate multi-choice sections. The OMC/ACMA still require that a minimum of 70% be attained in either test to receive your license/certificate.
For the Restricted MROVCP there are now only 25 multi-choice questions. (Previously there were 30)
For the UN-Restricted MROCP there are still 50 multi-choice questions.

What I need to know from you is:

Who you are?

Which test you wish to sit, either the restricted to VHF only MROVCP or the unrestricted MROCP? (MROCP includes MF/HF Radio and is more for the commercial operator OR the person intending to join a Rescue Group as a volunteer at some time).

Wether or not you wish to purchase the Marine Radio Operators Handbook?

Wether or not you are one of our Waterside Assist or Active Members and are therefore not required to pay the $20 course fee?

On the day YOU WILL NEED TO PROVIDE ME TO KEEP, a passport sized photo of you that I can then send away to the O.M.C with your completed test papers. (Assuming you pass, the photo will be scanned on to your lifetime Certificate/License)

Payment does not have to be made until the day, cash payment is preferred but you may also pay by cheque.

If you wish to pay prior to the day you can do so by using PayPal through our website and selecting the Services Rendered icon. http://www.vmr.org.au/payments.html

I will receive auto notification of any payment received but if the Credit Card name differs from the attendees name you will need to email me to let me know whom and what the payment was made for.

If attending, this course is held outside in my covered entertainment area. If the weather is a bit cold, please dress appropriately with some warm clothing.

Kind Regards
Lloyd

My email address
lloyd
@vmr.
org.au

I have split my email address over 3 lines so the web spiders dont pick up my email address. (Just join it all together to email me with your details)

Tangles
27-06-2007, 10:57 PM
, query what resources on the internet can you point me too before the course?

So im Mike
test : restricted VHF
Would purchase handbook
Not a member of viccie point etc

book me in
cheers
Mike

subzero
28-06-2007, 06:07 AM
Gidday Mike. I have booked you in.

If you are wanting to do a bit of home study prior to the day you can download a copy of the Marine Radio Operators Handbook from this page.
http://www.amcom.amc.edu.au/handbook
The link is near the top of the page "Download a read only version of the Marine Radio Operators Handbook (Requires Acrobat Reader)"
Unfortunately it is Read Only so the print function has been disabled by the O.M.C.

If you would like to send me your email address in a pm I can send you a couple of other bits of info if you wish as well.

Kind Regards
Lloyd

subzero
06-07-2007, 04:33 PM
Just a reminder, I will be ordering in the test papers on the 16th.
Cheers Lloyd

Tangles
06-07-2007, 07:35 PM
cheers
for that
mike

subzero
17-07-2007, 05:09 AM
Still got a couple of spots left. Any late takers you will need to let me know ASAP as I will be ordering in the test papers from the O.M.C on Wednesday night when I get home from work.

Cheers Lloyd

subzero
27-07-2007, 11:00 PM
Just a reminder, it is on in the morning. Dont forget to wrap up warm, its a bit chilly in the entertainment area first thing in the morning.
Cheers Lloyd