PDA

View Full Version : Trailer War - Oceanic Vs swiftCo???

Charlie8274
26-06-2007, 06:50 PM
I have been reading all the threads on trailers for fiberglass boats as I'm trying to decide between the Oceanic or SwiftCo 18ft tandem trailers. I'm basically looking at frame section sizes and thicknesses, roller configuration / quantity, wheels, spring arrangement, lights, winch and so on....

The SwiftCo has larger frame sections but I have read that they lack rollers, however after talking with them today they are prepared to add whatever number of rollers you wish, within reason, for no extra charge. Therefore roller number is no excuse.

I have looked at the Dunbier, everyones favorite, and only really see a difference with the loading mechanism. In any case I'm a little limited to what the dealership is prepared to buy, I have ordered a fiberglass sports/ski boat, Haines 1800 legend.

Anyway, anymore thoughts over the Oceanic Vs SwiftCo would be appreciated.

Cheers! :-/

Wahoo
26-06-2007, 06:57 PM
Hi ya Charlie,
have you had a look at Belco trailers
only reason i have just brought a belco is one of my mates has one now for 5yrs and it still looks great, my belco has the C section as the main frame, just a thought

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/4xgold0/BCTMR5.jpg

Spaniard_King
26-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Charlie

have a look at this! Bet ya cant stuff up drivin on one of these:-*

Anyone guess what brand;D

Shane Dyer
26-06-2007, 07:12 PM
Charlie,i have recently purchased a new plate boat which has a swiftco multi roller trailer.I am very happy with the trailer and the price i paid for it. A good friend of mine was also very happy with it and also purchased a trailer to suit his Haines Hunter 16ft glass boat.He drove from Coffs Harbour to do the deal.

fishingrod
26-06-2007, 08:45 PM

Is there a prize ?
The guards and clearance lights look like this one (below) It starts with a S and ends in O.

Maybe I have nothing better to do in life than compare mud guards on trailers.... hmmmm
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c369/fishingbasket/trailer.jpg
Photo taken at 2006 S/cove show FYI

Spaniard_King
26-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Sorry Rod, no prize for you:D try again

Garry

Greg P
26-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Rod - those trailers were around the same price at this years show ;D;D;D;D;D

brush
29-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Hey! Charlie, We have one of each, a Swiftco under a Caribbean Crusader, the Oceanic with a Seafarer Voyager. Both proved to be excellent Trailers, old mate at swiftco is very experienced and the young guys at Oceanic are up to the mark. Both trailers I fiddled with for easy drive on-off. Its a matter or Price. We have prior to moving to QLD always bought Dunbier which I think was the "ducks bum"
However they were to dear against the above two at the time I was buying.
Good Luck, and screw 'em down Brush

Spaniard_King
29-06-2007, 05:26 PM
Charlie

Looks like I will have to help yas out.. Its an Oceanic::) .. he calls it his easy loader. This now has a 6.8m Haines on it and is rated to 2800 Kgs:o

Garry

OPTI
29-06-2007, 06:19 PM
hey spaniard king i take it your getting the new model?;D

SO70
29-06-2007, 06:44 PM
if you want a good trailer, buy a Tinka.
you might pay a bit more but its worth it in the long run.

Spaniard_King
29-06-2007, 07:09 PM
if you want a good trailer, buy a Tinka.
you might pay a bit more but its worth it in the long run.

I Could never go back to a Tinka.

Ya dead right OPTI. I recon even I will be able to drive on that one without bruisin the new rig;D

Garry

OPTI
29-06-2007, 08:02 PM
the best trailers are baxter industries in ernest they are all custom.i think easytow are hard to beat in the mass produced market,
he spaniard king my new boat is the black 233 in the factory;D

Scalem
29-06-2007, 08:22 PM
Charlie

Be Careful!!! I bought a Swiftco a few months ago and although I requested from the dealer that they make sure I get holden hubs.. I'll let you read the thread for yourself!! I have no problems with the quality of the trailer, it's great, but watch what hubs they give you and put your request in writing to the dealer, they may not convey your requests to Swiftco......
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=65549&highlight=trailer

Scalem

Spaniard_King
29-06-2007, 08:48 PM
the best trailers are baxter industries in ernest they are all custom.i think easytow are hard to beat in the mass produced market,
he spaniard king my new boat is the black 233 in the factory;D

Ahh of course.. Warren has mentioned you. Now the title fits;) Nice rig that one, have to slip down for a peak when she's ready to go. When are you taking delivery??? twin 225's hey, should haul A$$:D

Garry

jimbo59
30-06-2007, 04:59 PM
Charlie

i bet ya can!

Spaniard_King
30-06-2007, 08:02 PM
So how Jimbo??

Have a look again, it's foolproof :D

Garry

aqua rat
30-06-2007, 10:16 PM
For christ sake buy anying but a oceanic i went thru one in 2 weeks they are poorly welded and the gal on them look like dura gal not hot dipped dont quote me on it but.I have run 4 boats on trailers in the NT and the only one that could last was a redco sportman unreal and still going if u get near one check out the flat bar they weld underneath to keep the the stress going thru the trailer and not the welds !

Big_unit
01-07-2007, 10:26 PM
Ive got a Dunbier, my personal choice.

Ive heard good and bad about Oceanic - Ive seen one split in half and one that is as old as the hills and still going strong. My mate works in a dealership that sells Poly boats on Oceanic trailers, Ive been down to Oceanic on the Goldy to pick up trailers ( where they are assembled that is ) and man they must sell a shyte load of trailers, that joint is always busy.

Cheers
James