PDA

View Full Version : Deep Water Bend ramp temp Closed

Foxy4
26-06-2007, 02:32 PM
Just a heads up on the Deep Water Bend Boat Ramp.

It has been advertised in the local paper (Pine Rivers Press June 27th page14) by the Qld Transport that the ramp is expected to be closed from 2 July - 24 August 2007.

This is to allow for adding an additional lane to the existing Deep Water Bend Boat Ramp, Wyampa Road, Bald Hills.

Learmonth Street, Strathpine, OR Dohles Rocks Road, Griffin can be used as alternative boat ramps during the closure.

lippa
26-06-2007, 03:14 PM
that ramp at learmonth st is an ass. plus navagating the "sticks" downstream should be done with local knowledge. i'd be using the gravel ramp at the end of bald hills rd.

thanks for the heads up!

cheers

lippa

russ81
26-06-2007, 03:17 PM
Hows it going mate
Cheers for the heads up not being in the district i would have never found out until i got down there

Russ

Foxy4
26-06-2007, 09:07 PM
that ramp at learmonth st is an ass. plus navagating the "sticks" downstream should be done with local knowledge. i'd be using the gravel ramp at the end of bald hills rd.

thanks for the heads up!

cheers

lippa

I forgot all about that ramp down there and Yep you are 100% right about the Learmonth ramp. It will be very interesting to see how many extra car and trailer bays get added as well as part of the whole deal.

tunaticer
26-06-2007, 10:34 PM
I cant for the life of me work out why they didnt put in a decent boat ramp near castle hill estate at the back of the lagoon there. There would be ample parking there it is relatively deep water access and it is out of the current not like at deepwater bend.

Jack

kingtin
27-06-2007, 09:10 AM
I cant for the life of me work out why they didnt put in a decent boat ramp near castle hill estate at the back of the lagoon there. There would be ample parking there it is relatively deep water access and it is out of the current not like at deepwater bend.

Jack

Hi Jack. Mate, you'd be taking your life in your hands with a ramp there. At times, it holds a huge head of bullies and the odd bronzie. Don't know why, (apart from the mullet there) but sharks have an attraction to that lagoon. That aside, it would be a perfect launch area. I suppose the planners think that a park load of trailers might lower the tone of the estate ::)

tunaticer
27-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Kingtin,
Almost all of the pine river is lousy with sharks at times, As a kid i remember teasing the hell outa a school of about a dozen up under the rail bridge behind the primary school. I have caught them from up that far right down to the mouth at brighton and seen them up as far as 50m before youngs crossing 4 weeks ago on my afternoon walk

Jack.

kingtin
27-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Kingtin,
Almost all of the pine river is lousy with sharks at times, As a kid i remember teasing the hell outa a school of about a dozen up under the rail bridge behind the primary school. I have caught them from up that far right down to the mouth at brighton and seen them up as far as 50m before youngs crossing 4 weeks ago on my afternoon walk

Jack.

Cheers Jack................I'll remember that when I'm leaning over into the water, pulling the crab pots. ;D ;D

kev