PDA

View Full Version : shikari blanks

B_E_N
25-06-2007, 04:16 PM
just wondering what are these blanks like, anyone had them before or whats there best blank?

DR
25-06-2007, 04:34 PM
supposedly very good.. Gary Howard was/is to be the importer & was/is building some of his rods on them..
Australian Rod Manufacturers .. Brendale 3881 3550 i am sure he can give you some info..

B_E_N
25-06-2007, 04:58 PM
already found a sale of them, pretty cheap, i think i did hear something about them once saying they wer good blanks, wasnt sure how good tho

jan
25-06-2007, 06:35 PM
G'day Ben,
I got my Shikari blanks from Gary Howard and they are worth it. Building up a barra rod for a customer now and the rod feels great. I know Mudhole had a close out special on Shikari blanks as they are discontinued but Garry will still have stock. He is bringing out the ATC blanks now as well (not the same as the Wilson ATC rods - completely different company) so looking forward to getting them. For the price, they are worth it.
Cheers, Jan.

lippa
25-06-2007, 06:48 PM
i have a gary howard built shikari 7ft 4-8 kg for spinning, simply an awesome rod.

cheers

lippa

B_E_N
26-06-2007, 09:24 AM
thanks guys yeh that where i was looking at the rods on mudhole, seem pretty cheap atm becoz of there sale but theres onnly a few stock left, dosent bother me i should be able to find the one i want