PDA

View Full Version : ETEC Instruments

Reel Blue
23-06-2007, 04:41 PM
I have a 175 ETEC. I have been told by my dealer that the ETEC fuel transducer will not read until calibrated. (Currently always reads 0.0 l/hr) Trouble is the main dash guage will not allow me to make any adjustments when trying to enter the exact amount of fuel consumed to calibrate. Does anyone know exactly how to set this up correctly? (I have read the manual but I'm hoping I'm doing something incorrectly. Quick taps on the 'M' button scroll the menu and holding it in selects the desired function)

disorderly
23-06-2007, 05:15 PM
reel blue,

mate are you able to drop by your dealer with the boat and get him to show you the process?I dont think he would mind ,if you prearranged a time.

scott

Reel Blue
23-06-2007, 06:19 PM
The dealer is one hour away and so far I'm still waiting for return phone calls and email responses.

marco
23-06-2007, 10:25 PM
ring brp evinrude in sydney and ask for bruce , he is the tech guy and you will get a straight answer as to what to do .

i had one fail under warranty , about 10 hours old and i was told there was some sort of issue with some of the fuel transducers , so yours maybe stuffed .

i hope that helps

hunge
24-06-2007, 06:56 AM
my mate has had the same problem with his they put about 4 new gauges in his boat before they realised but they had to change the actual computer settings on the outboard not on the gauge.now his works fine

Reel Blue
24-06-2007, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the replies. I will try the BRP tech tomorrow.

Reel Blue
30-06-2007, 01:30 PM
BRP and dealer very helpful and all issues resolved. Major issue was a loose wiring connection into dash instruments.

russ81
30-06-2007, 01:42 PM
Hows it going reel blue

Have you got the standard gauges or did you upgrade i only ask as i have just re powered andam unsure if the standard gauges come with the fuel transducer

Russ

Reel Blue
30-06-2007, 04:35 PM
Russ81. I didn't upgrade, just took what came standard. I'm unsure if the transducer comes with all HP etec motors.

marco
30-06-2007, 06:25 PM
Hows it going reel blue

Have you got the standard gauges or did you upgrade i only ask as i have just re powered andam unsure if the standard gauges come with the fuel transducer

Russ

hey russ , im pretty sure i have the base model gauges which does have the fuel transducer

mark