PDA

View Full Version : Gusa 700dhx ??

Jethro
22-06-2007, 09:07 AM
Hi All

I am kinda new at this rod building. :P

I am looking at putting together a GUSA 700DHX with REC guides for light SP work for bream.

Is there a recipie for this blank available anywhere as I would prefer not to stuff this one up ;D

Also does anyone have any comments on this blank?? From all the reading I have been doing it sounds like it will fit the bill, but I cant find anyone local that has one in stock... So I will be basically buying it site unseen

Thanks in advance

B_E_N
22-06-2007, 10:52 AM
where abouts are you buying it from mate, matbe you could ask the dealers to send a few pictures

Jethro
22-06-2007, 10:58 AM
Not 100% sure at this stage... but I will definately be giving Rod Works a look.

I really just want some feed back from people that have used the blank. Its hard to buy a blank without having a chance to hold it in my hand ;D

Also how does this blank compare to the B70LXF.. based on the spec this one looks like it might fit the bill as well

Owen
25-06-2007, 11:28 AM
I have a couple of GUSA blanks at home Sandy & I have yet to build.
I think I have a 703 from memory.
They certainly look the goods.
I don't think you'll be disappointed.

B_E_N
25-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Mudhole Can Order You Coloours Aswell, I Thought That Option Was Quiet Good

wheezer
25-06-2007, 02:31 PM
i have a 660DHX and it is excellent for plastics up to 1/4 oz and small poppers for mainly bass, although for ultra finesse bream work you may want to consider the PUR-700L from the poineer range if on a budget, or go a GUSA Advantage AS70L for even lighter weight and better response/sensitivity. email the oz distributor for more info. not aware of a recipe as such but if using light braid don't use any bigger than a 20mm stripper and use 7-8 guides. a good start would be to check Fujis recommendation for that rod length using their new Concept guide system and go from there....

Jethro
25-06-2007, 02:49 PM
Thanks all...

I have emailed the Oz distributor and see what they have to say...

For the recipie I think I will work off the S001x recipie and go from there