PDA

View Full Version : Stessl Edgetracker 475... Anyone got one?

Crocket
20-06-2007, 03:06 AM
Does anyone own one? Or used one?

I am possibly looking at buying one as they seem to have everything I need. Just wondering if anyone has some Pros and Cons on them?

The other boat I would be looking at would be a Hornet Trophy 445-475. I am still in love with the Trophy series, but the Stessl boat looks awesome!

Cheers,
Dave

TheSaint
20-06-2007, 08:17 AM
Ive only heard bad things about the welds breaking in the Makocraft/Stessl..

3rd degree
20-06-2007, 03:03 PM
G'day Crocket,

This isn't a sales pitch, but I am selling a 4.75 Edgetracker Tournament Pro at the moment, for a mate in Brisbane.

If your interested the price is $22,000 and am negotiable. There is an add for it in the Boats For Sale section.

I am not biased in my opinion of the Stessl as it is not even my boat, its a mates, and I actually own a Quintrex.

That being said I reckon the Stessl is a much better boat than the Quintrex.

Not sure about the Saints comments as the Stessl has not had a problem, and the Quintrex is the one that has split and had different issues with it.

I also have a firend with a 4.2 Edgetracker and it performs very well too!

I believe that the Stessl is "finished" far better than the Quintrex is, IMHO.

The Stessl is a really dry boat and I beleive it performs better than any other boat of similar style and size that I am aware of.

Good Luck with your purchase

If your interested in a 2nd hand Edgetracker give me a call on 0418 758 416.

Cheers

Jim

roydsy
20-06-2007, 03:21 PM
We had a Stessl funseeker 474 prior to getting the full boar 5.5 and it was a solid boat. I did some research and the Quintrex's didn't come recommended at the time due a slip in quality of the boats (a couple of years ago).

I would buy another Stessl over a Quintrex just for the quality difference, and yes I had a Hornet trophy before the stessl. things change though so go take a look at both of them and make up your mind.

Sorry can't comment on the Edgetracker though, never been in one.

Good luck mate,

Roydsy

Barraboss
20-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Afternoon. I have got the Stessl Edgetracker in the 435 and to be honest, I absoloutely love it. I have had it 2 years and put a new 40 Mercury on the back, and it sits mighty fine. I have no problems with this one, and my mate who has the next model down has had no problems either. Maybe the description of the one with faulty welds????? was just an unlucky case. Then again maybe I have been lucky???
Good luck in your choice though, its a tough decision:)

saltchaser
20-06-2007, 07:41 PM
crocket i have a stessel 4.8 bluewater and not a problem run a 70 yamaha , good solid boats outside and good inside on the rivers

builder
21-06-2007, 07:53 PM
for all that didnt know stessl went broke..........
they are under new ownership ''mafair marine 2000''
same boat terrible quality and customer service........
alf,tim and nichola stessl now have there anther company MAKO CRAFT
SAME BOATS AS STESSL.still introducing new ideas as alf has alway done
great boats just look out for the hoggs in the keel ...
but no different to a brooker as i been told by dealers

saltchaser
28-06-2007, 09:25 PM
BUILDER ? whats you licence number stessl boats have saved me in a huge following sea .............................