PDA

View Full Version : N.S.W Central Coast Storms

kingfisho
19-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Hi
The storms the last couple of weeks have hit with a vengence , floods everywhere you look , trees down , roofs off - have not seen anything like this down here for decades Tuggerah Lake was almost up to the the main road at Long Jetty , Chittaway Bay and The Entrance resembled lakes. Hundreds of homes with no power , no water what a mess.
Tonight we have been told the worst is yet to come , god help the poor bastards that have lost most of their stuff and have to go through this again .Winds are expected to reach 125 KPH sometime early morning .
The SES do a fantastic job in horrible conditions, we all hope the storm passes by,as we sleep tonight we pray that all will be well in the morning .

Stay Safe

LostNearBribie
19-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Good luck mate. I hope all goes well.
I have rellos at Lake Macquarie and they are feeling it.
Had a mate send up some pics from Newy the other day.
Couldn't recognise the place. Looks different underwater.

All will be good again soon.

onerabbit
19-06-2007, 11:28 PM
Hi kingfisho,

I cant believe it, I grew up in Gosford-Terrigal-Wamberal, my dad still lives there,

I remember a flood down there about 30 yrs ago, I was about 12, but not as bad as this one.

My thoughts are with all the ones going through it.

Muzz

Crocket
20-06-2007, 02:56 AM
Thats where I am from :-/

We are selling a house at the moment, I hope it doesnt get any damage.

cabfisher
20-06-2007, 07:45 AM
Hi I had a weekender at Chittaway Point in the early sixtys and can remember Floods there and I am amazde that peaple have built houses there and it must be underwater now , And some five years I was there and amazde to see it so built out Just like a suburbe there is such a large catchement area, and just one small outlet at the entrence.What kind of fools are there in the local government I ask you.
I am wondering why it took so long to happen.
Dont get me wrong My heart gose out to the poor soles that are there and suffering in these floods.

Timbothecat
21-06-2007, 12:51 AM
It has been quite hectic around here of late. I live in the Newcastle area and we now have Lake Front Views (although they are subsiding at present) and had flood damage on our 2nd floor -without the first floor being touched mind you, bloody horizontal rain. I'd been planning for a few months to go fishing for my birthday but I obviously can't at present as the river and beach are full of debris. I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of those from the area as to when it might be a good time to head back out again to wet a line.

Crocket
21-06-2007, 12:56 AM
Just hang a line off your balcony... Fish will be swimming around that area soon enough mate ::)

Timbothecat
21-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Thought about that already Crocket but the water has receded too far. Even if there was anything other than carp in there it would take one hell of a cast now.