PDA

View Full Version : Underfloor Kill Tank

Dono
18-06-2007, 10:10 PM
Im sick of buying stuff for the boat at over inflated prices and im hoping that sombody might be able to point me in the right direction of a manufacturer that makes the underfloor kill tanks out of plastic with the release bung etc (Robo) I think is the term.
I have a Stacer 605 sports runner and would like to get the esky out of the road.
I was hoping that there may be a local on the Nth side of Brissy that makes these?:'(

Noelm
19-06-2007, 09:28 AM
not too sure you will get something big enough for a kill tank, you can get all sorts of "hatches" with liners and stuff, best bet is to get something custom made to suit the size and space

peterbo3
19-06-2007, 01:10 PM
Dono,
There are some REALLY big food grade poly bins with lids around. Would be suitable for any size reefie that you will catch around here. Not long enough for Spanish or Hoo. If you can get it under the floor then you are good to go. These are not insulated but are ideal as kill boxes. You will still need the esky. Try here:
www.handicart.com.au (http://www.handicart.com.au)

They are at Windsor.

EDIT: They do have bins big enough for Spanish macks :o :o :o

Spaniard_King
19-06-2007, 05:05 PM
I take it you have checked whats under the floor and have the dimentions for which kill tank will fit in between the bracing

cheers

Garry

ozbee
19-06-2007, 05:22 PM
im starting to think kill tanks catch more fishermans pockets in $$$$ than use . i find that any decent esky in a boat tends to cover a part of any decent kill tank no matter how you arrange your layout so just as easy to throw your catch straight on ice. best use if found for kill tanks is for gear storage .please if someone has worked out where to sit 200l esky and leave the kill tanks available please let us know

snelly1971
19-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Why dont you price an aluminum one up..It couldnt be that expensive....i have approx a 120 liter underfloor kill tank which is plumbed up at the stern of the boat...works great and keeps the fish fresh...cheers Mick

peterbo3
19-06-2007, 08:51 PM
OZ,
A well designed boat will allow for a draining kill tank underfloor & an esky on top.
Hint: You do not need a lid the same size as the kill tank.
Talking about custom built plate boats here.

snelly1971
19-06-2007, 10:56 PM
That is the way mine is Peter....big tank with a smaller lid and it suits my needs very well...

Cheers Mick

Dono
20-06-2007, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the help guys.;)
Ozbee, the whole idea of the kill tank under the floor is to leave the esky locked in the Ute until we return from outside. The kill tank will be laced on the outer with foam for insulation.
As the Rainbow classic is comming up soon the kill tank will allow me to store the ones we keep fresh until i can transfer them into the 250ltr esky, which is starting to bust my back when lifting in and out of the boat.;D

The ally idea might be the way to go as i am going to pull my floor up in the next week or so. The larger tank with the small hatch plumbed up sounds like the go.

For your info i rang a Stacer dealer whom informed me that they are not allowed to sell me a ready to fit tank it is a saftey issue with the under floor foam that they have chucked in willy nilly, it may upset the floatation of the boat if it capsizes if i shift a couple of squares of foam::)

Coontakinta
20-06-2007, 09:28 PM
I live in SA but have large kill tank in my 5m plate boat. Would have this over an esky anyday! Leave the esky for the drinks! The sky sits over
the tank when underwayand is moved forward when we are @ anchor

im starting to think kill tanks catch more fishermans pockets in $$$$ than use . i find that any decent esky in a boat tends to cover a part of any decent kill tank no matter how you arrange your layout so just as easy to throw your catch straight on ice. best use if found for kill tanks is for gear storage .please if someone has worked out where to sit 200l esky and leave the kill tanks available please let us know

Dono
21-06-2007, 06:14 AM
Im hearin ya Coontakinta.8-)

Spaniard_King
21-06-2007, 02:37 PM
I am a very big fan of a kill tank but I tend to use them as eskies as well. My new boat will have a massive kill tank in it ;D Heres a pick I took of it today when I was at the factory:o .

There is soooo much room in this boat I could easily fit an additional 200l esky forward on the port side if needed.. will post more picks when I am allowed too.. most likely after I pick her up:)

Garry

Wahoo
21-06-2007, 06:12 PM
Dono, kill tank is one of the best things on a boat, you will love it, in mine it works as a great ballast as well, kill tank is about 230L

Daz

sik008
21-06-2007, 06:56 PM
i dont know where to get one but try not to get it running through the boats hull...
Do u want blood ang guts running through ur hull????

cheers alex

Out-Station
21-06-2007, 07:26 PM
Underfloor tanks are the go and save heaps of space. If you want to use them for catch storage rather than just bleed out then make sure you get it insulated.

Heres my setup

200 litre seat/icebox sitting on lid (only rear half of tank lidded) of floodable tank that runs 1.3M up under the console. Esky has floor bung, hole in kill tank lid, esky, tank the whole lot washes out together through the flooding bung in the bottom of the kill tank. Works good. tiddlers in the chiller, real fish in the tank.

Dono
22-06-2007, 06:11 AM
You guys have got some great setups:o .
Iv,e changed my mind again after seeing your picks.
Spanardking thats a pretty cool looking box you have there, I would love to see some photo's of the boat it sits in8-) 8-) .