PDA

View Full Version : The lowest form of life

Rumpig
18-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Sydney -

One of my father's friends is a very keen flyfisherman who regularly made trips interstate and overseas to fish and he has done for many years, infact he had collected over 30 years worth of gear.

The other day he was greeted by a sight which would bring a cold sweat over most of us. Someone had broken into his house and stolen some electronic equipment but also his fly reel collection.
I'm sure insurence will cover the monetry loss of the reels but loosing the reels that were involved with some of your fondest memories is something that money will never replace.

If anyone hears about a number of fly reels being sold PLEASE PM me or call me on 0402 773 564!

I'll post a list of the reels as soon as I get them.

I'm sure there'd be more than a couple of beers in it if you could help recover these reels

Thanks

Mick

Marlin_Mike
20-06-2007, 06:54 AM
As yuo say, you can replace the money with insurance, but not the memories of years gone by

Scumbags.........................

Mike

ellicat
20-06-2007, 08:32 AM
I might be stating the obvious, but keep an eye on the auction sites for a while.
Cheers

roydsy
20-06-2007, 09:47 AM
And keep an eye out on the other fishing forums.

Most likely they will end up at the markets or pawn shops.

SWANY22
20-06-2007, 05:02 PM
DOGS.. thats all i can say.

Rumpig
21-06-2007, 05:40 PM
Cheers fellas

Mick

jez and suze
21-06-2007, 05:46 PM
mate im pretty sure a dog wouldnt do this as they have too much respect!
a cat on the other hand.

Rumpig
23-06-2007, 06:17 PM
HAHAHA Jez and Suze! Too right!

gecho
20-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Like the rest of tis forum, i shall keep eyes and ears peeled.

Jez and Sue, and any other person out there who is not too fond of cats, i have but one thing to say to the likes of you-

You just haven't found the right recipe yet;D

Ade

cormorant
20-07-2007, 12:54 PM
That is terrible

Gotta ask - do you reckon they know what they got or was it an opportunistic theft?

In Sydney a lot of the theft seems to be well planned and stealng to order of specific parts or whole boats so they seem to be getting very professional here.

If it was stolen to order I would be very suspect of anyone who knows of the collection or anyone who has recently done work on or around the house.

Seems a couple of meter readers were linked to keeping and eye out for goods on thieves "wanted" lists down here and it was very well organised.

I only hope they don't get caught but do get found as the court system is far to soft on the scum that enter your private home. Really irks me