PDA

View Full Version : Courier Mail Cartoons

MY-TopEnder
18-06-2007, 06:43 PM
Did anyone see the cartoon in todays courier mail?

Hmmm

http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5529121,00.jpg

Foxy4
18-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Thats a good one.

Lucky_Phill
18-06-2007, 07:15 PM
You have to look hard into this. Are you reading what I am.

I read a dig at the fishing party, in that it is a single platform party and therefore voters are NOT voting for a party that can win power and change the current government policies. Thus allowing the current government to proceed will their policy of alternative power supply. In other words, Leahy is saying that if you vote for the Fishing Party, it takes away the power of your vote to discharge the current governments policy. He's saying a vote for anyone other than the opposition will allow the government to plonk a Nuc reactor in ya backyard. which of course , is a nonsense.

Then again, it may be just a funny cartoon, but leahy has a way of hiding his humour in politicial retoric.

Alll IMO......... only.

Phill

Ausfish
18-06-2007, 08:12 PM
There was a letter to the editor under it, which was very well written, regarding the proposed closures of Moreton Bay.

Dirtysanchez
19-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Funny thing is, the whole proposal was not about a reactor at all, it was actually an enrichment plant.

Now I am not an authority on Nuclear energy whatsoever, but I know some pretty clever engineers and am assured that they are 2 very different things.