PDA

View Full Version : centrel queensland bass

barkers creek
18-06-2007, 06:09 PM
gday,
just wondering what the best bass dam in centrel queensland is and what lures produce well and times,like winter,summer,night,day

cheers nath

gladbream
18-06-2007, 06:17 PM
try onduran big fish reports from there. lipless crankbaits... jackals...

Mike Delisser
18-06-2007, 08:50 PM
Gladbream is right about big bas on jackalls at Monduran but I think Cania is a safer bet. Most lures work here but I prefer Slidders rigged on beatle-spins, spinnerbaits and suspending minnows.
Good luck
Mike

vet
19-06-2007, 09:55 AM
Monduran produces the heaviest bass in the area but it will cost you a lot in lost jackalls because they are around the trees and snags are common. I have to agree with mike though for more consistent results and numbers of fish caught and scenery you can't go past cania. You consistently catch bass around low to mid 40cms in cania and just about any type of lure will catch fish. When the going is tough though the slider grubs and squidgey fish seem to produce fish. good luck scott.

B_E_N
19-06-2007, 02:04 PM
ive only fished cania but we went there with no fresh water exp or idea and ended up getting sick and tired of catching bass! we wer just trolling deep diving minnows and found the best spot the oppsite side of the boat ramp near the dam wall, double hookups everytime. also watched the australina bass championship on fox and they caught heaps, i think every one that fished there caught 20+ fish each and wer useing all different lures like spinners poppers sp's hardbodies so it does have alot of bass in it

barkers creek
20-06-2007, 07:45 AM
cheers guys thanks for all ur help..

will they still bite in winter ...eg 3 weeks from now

Mike Delisser
20-06-2007, 08:24 PM
Should do, just try to slow everthing down a little. Shallow edges might be the go.
Mike