PDA

View Full Version : made the most of terrible conditions :D

Davemclean
18-06-2007, 03:09 AM
I have just been out on a 13 hour fishing stint at my local river, here we have had a months worth of rain in 5 days, lol, so the river has an extra 5 foot of flow, and is the colour of drinking chocolate :o anyway, in these conditions, I have caught 7 fish, all from a tree that was 6 foot away from me, I took my new spinning outfit out for the first time aswell, I dropped a spinner in front of me and drifted it under the tree, and let the flow work the blade and bam, first fish, I keep on doing that and have 7, all released safely :D and braid is great to fish with, you feel every knock and bump and vibration from the lure, may load my other outfits with it

anyway, this was just a bragging post as I am so happ with myself ;D

el_carpo
18-06-2007, 07:26 AM
Hi Davemclean,

Sounds like you had a great time. Nice way to break in the new gear! What kind of fish were you catching? Congrats!

B_E_N
18-06-2007, 01:22 PM
braid feels good dosent it! an a 13 hour session! your commited thats for sure

Davemclean
19-06-2007, 01:43 AM
hiya guys, braid is absolutley brilliant, and I'm either commited or crazy, not quite sure hahaha

this is the type of fish I caught, a uk river fish called a chub, they have giant mouths, and will eat anything but are also quite nervous fish, but here is a chub :D

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q19/DaveM_06/chub-fish-fresh-caught-with-net-and.jpg

-spiro-
19-06-2007, 08:44 AM
What are the like in eatting qaulitiy?

Davemclean
20-06-2007, 03:17 AM
don't know, we're not allowed to take them for the pot over here, it is a massive fine and the confiscation of all fishing tackle if caught, but apparently they don't taste to nice anyway, they are caught for sport then released, basically all fish that aren't trout have to be released, lol

WHALEOIL
22-06-2007, 12:15 PM
Is a chubb, a carp Dave?

Davemclean
22-06-2007, 09:05 PM
no mate, totally different species, here is a carp

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q19/DaveM_06/my_1st_fish_at_partridge_7_lb__comm.jpg

chub are silver in coluoration, with large mouths, and carp are an olive green colour, with some variations having a few scales, none or fully scaled, chub tend to reach 8 pound in weight maximum and I have personally seen carp weigh in at 40 pound, and pictures of them pushin 80, chub can also live in fast moving rivers and carp prefer slower water

WHALEOIL
25-06-2007, 10:27 AM
Thanks mate. 80 pound carp? The fox's would eat well on that.

Davemclean
25-06-2007, 08:38 PM
hahaha, yeah mate, an 80 pound carp, it was a brute :lol: