PDA

View Full Version : Painted or powdercoat

bluefin59
17-06-2007, 10:15 AM
Just been reading wags unfortunate situation with the finish on his new boat ,must admit after 3yrs and 400 hrs on the bay my bluefin has a couple of very small spots similar to wags mine are almost not noticeable though and only where duralac wasnt used to install the bolts problem is now fixed . What i was wondering would it be possible to buy a raw tinnie and have it powdercoated and would there be any benefit and would it be too expensive i t seems to me that it would also get you away from issues such as stone chips and sinker damage does anyone have any thoughts on this idea ....bluefin598-) 8-) 8-)

Blackened
17-06-2007, 10:20 AM
G'day

Webster powdercoats their twinfishers.

I'm not sure at what cost, but the finish does seem alot more durable

Dave

sid_fishes
17-06-2007, 11:28 AM
mate , it would all depend on how big their oven is , white and black are most popular colours so they would be cheaper, and most of the coaters we use at work charge based on how much area to he oven you would take up. having said that , a bloke i worked with a while ago had his done, 13ft i think but he payed them cash and cost $500 back then cheers ian

finga
17-06-2007, 05:43 PM
By the sounds of that it's cheaper to powder coat. :)

Roughasguts
17-06-2007, 06:00 PM
It's not that dear to powder coat square tube, got me gal tube powder coated for $1.00 per meter.