PDA

View Full Version : Unlit Beacons

longtail
16-06-2007, 09:43 PM
G'day all , After my near mishap on Wednesday night at Wello thought i might start a new thread and try to create a list of unlit beacons for all members.

I'll start feel free to add any unlit beacons in your area so we may all be aware of them.

1. Wello leads , 1st 3 sets unlit with only the outer leads lit.
2. Jacobs well , 2 greens in jacobs well channel heading back towards the broadwater unlit.

Jason.

ffejsmada
16-06-2007, 09:56 PM
You blokes down there are lucky, at least you've got some beacons lit.

Noosa River - every single beacon, channel marker, whatever................unlit!

With sandbanks changing daily, it's great to navigate at night!!!!!

longtail
17-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Has nobody else seen unlit Beacons?

Heard there are a few around mud not working too.

When i say unlit i am referring to the ones that are supposed to be lit but are for some reason not working.

Jason.

blaze
17-06-2007, 06:08 PM
ever bloody one of them are unlit on the duck river, refletors dont work and the beacons are to far apart. Not many have to contend with them though.
cheers
blaze

longtail
17-06-2007, 06:10 PM
You blokes down there are lucky, at least you've got some beacons lit.

Noosa River - every single beacon, channel marker, whatever................unlit!

With sandbanks changing daily, it's great to navigate at night!!!!!

cheers mate , is handy to know.

longtail
17-06-2007, 06:14 PM
ever bloody one of them are unlit on the duck river, refletors dont work and the beacons are to far apart. Not many have to contend with them though.
cheers
blaze

cheers Blaze , good info mate . there may be someone else on these boards that can use this .

Maybe this wasn't as good a idea as i thought , i thought a lot of people might like to know where nav hazards exist.

Jason.

Chris Ryan
17-06-2007, 06:27 PM
The back channels from the powerlines at the mouth of the Logan to Cooriyabba Hole are not lit and their relfectors are crap too.

Also the markers off Cleveland point past wello are unlit until you get to the ferry channel - got caught there a few weeks ago.

Kleyny
17-06-2007, 06:30 PM
theres alot around donnybrook area, unlit also come to think of it theres alot in the passage.
I for one drop my cruising speed (alot) in the dark in the passage.
watch my sounder as much as i look for the beacons. But this does help those banks that just drop off.

neil

seatime
17-06-2007, 06:31 PM
MSQ would like to know about lighted beacons not working, they can issue a Notice to Mariners until it's repaired.

http://www.msq.qld.gov.au/Home/About_us/How_to_contact_us/Regions

longtail
17-06-2007, 06:36 PM
The back channels from the powerlines at the mouth of the Logan to Cooriyabba Hole are not lit and their relfectors are crap too.

Also the markers off Cleveland point past wello are unlit until you get to the ferry channel - got caught there a few weeks ago.

good stuff mate , thats exactly what i was looking for ;)

Jason.

longtail
17-06-2007, 06:38 PM
theres alot around donnybrook area, unlit also come to think of it theres alot in the passage.
I for one drop my cruising speed (alot) in the dark in the passage.
watch my sounder as much as i look for the beacons. But this does help those banks that just drop off.

neil

cheers Neil ;D

longtail
17-06-2007, 06:43 PM
MSQ would like to know about lighted beacons not working, they can issue a Notice to Mariners until it's repaired.

http://www.msq.qld.gov.au/Home/About_us/How_to_contact_us/Regions

Gelsec , about 12 months ago when i was last out at mud i spotted a damaged beacon and posted a pic in a report. One of the replys i received was that that particular beacon had been damaged for some time and had been reported to MSQ to no avail. I see where your coming from , i just thought it might be handy to have a list here instead of relying on MSQ.;)

Jason.

bastard
17-06-2007, 07:21 PM
I saw on the news tonight a boat hit a large beacon and sank,they seem to beleive this may have been unlit.I think it was in victoria.

Marlin_Mike
17-06-2007, 07:54 PM
At wello only the outer green and red are lit.the others are unlit, always have been.

Mike