PDA

View Full Version : What was your first Ausfish post or reply??

finga
15-06-2007, 08:18 AM
Gidday all,
So what was it???
Can you remember what it was??
If I remember I was asking questions about fishing down the Pin way after someone posted a report as I was just new to fishing the area.
I'm still trying to figure out fishing the Pin but that's 1/2 the fun. ;D

Or was it trying to find out about knots. I can't really remember...too long ago and my brain isn't so good now (or was that ever) :-[
Still don't know about knots as well. :'(
Cheers Scott :)

blaze
15-06-2007, 12:12 PM
I think mine was a post reply to one of those Queenslanders complaining about the wind and I pointed out that in tassie it dont matter which way it comes from we can still fish because it only takes about 5 hours to get to the furtherest boat ramp, got a bit softer since then and the body dosnt like the pounding it gets on rough days any more. So many years ago, a lot of water under the bridge and fish in the boat sinse then
cheers
blaze

krazyfisher
15-06-2007, 12:20 PM
too long ago to remember

Marlin_Mike
15-06-2007, 12:23 PM
I posted a report about my bag out on 10lb plus snapper from barwon Banks.............then I woke up and smelled the coffee and toast.....LOL.......

I think mine was simply a howdy im new here type post.

Mike

DR
15-06-2007, 12:43 PM
i think mine was laughing at Kerry complaining about Freediver ;D

Raesen
15-06-2007, 12:59 PM
Mine was about how Queensland belted the Blues the other night.

No it wasn't I was just having a friendly dig at Mike. ;D Gotta like his knowledge and humour.

Can't really remeber but I am confident it would have been about the Pine River (local for me) or the Tweed River (chinderah) where the deckie and I spend many weekends in our camper trailer just doing what we enjoy. Fishing and a bottle of red.

Doesn't matter - I always get great feed back for my posts as I have tried to do for other posts where I can.

Cheers
Pete

Marlin_Mike
15-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Mine was about how Queensland belted the Blues the other night.

No it wasn't I was just having a friendly dig at Mike. ;D

Can't really remeber but I am confident it would have been about the Pine River (local for me) or the Tweed River (chinderah) where the deckie and I spend many weekends in our camper trailer just doing what we enjoy. Fishing and a bottle of red.

Doesn't matter - I always get get great feed back for my post as I have tried to do for other posts where I can.

Cheers
Pete

Yeah Yeah good onya mate.......;D :P I can take it...j:P ;) ust youse wait till next year...i heard a rumour NSW might be considering putting a real team on the paddock for next years series.................

Mike

Shanoss
15-06-2007, 03:23 PM
But if they get a real team next year Mike, it wont be State of Origin anymore, it will be QLD vs QLD wont it?

Marlin_Mike
15-06-2007, 04:09 PM
gee gimme a break mate.....LOL............... only 369 sleeps to next year

seatime
15-06-2007, 04:19 PM
asked about downriggers, got 1 reply

dogsbody
15-06-2007, 04:39 PM
I asked about what to expect about the Swains Reef and as luck has it i'm gonna find out next saturday. BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!

Dave.

Jeremy87
15-06-2007, 05:03 PM
Probably something to the effect of i'm jeremy please be nice to me, or something to do with bass dams (back when dams where those big holes with water in them instead of just big holes).

charleville
15-06-2007, 05:49 PM
Maaaaate! I can't even remember my first - er -ah - um - what was it I supposed to remember again? ;D ;D ;D

I have been using my current moniker since 2002 but previous to that was using the name Sweetlip - I changed because someone else starting using the name "Sweetlips" for a while. Anyway, it looks like this was my first - about lighting in a boat...

http://myskitch.com/charleville/lighting_up_a_boat_-_australian_fishing_community_chatboards-20070615-174834.png

Anyway, that was 1659 posts ago! Who can remember that far back? :-/

finga
15-06-2007, 06:10 PM
Gees Charlie,
Why did you keep that???
That's scarey. What else have you got saved in that little hard-drive??

Note to self.....don't say or do anything near Charlie that may get me into trouble now or in the near or distant future. The bugger probably have the evidence saved somewhere just waiting for the right time to blackmail me.
:)

charleville
15-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Gees Charlie,
Why did you keep that???

Nah - it is readily available on this site. The site keeps your last 500 posts. I only made about 40 under the name Sweetlip so they are all still there.

:)

fez
15-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Can't remember but have gained heaps of knowledge/advice from this site a great learning tool.:thumbsup:

I even learnt that etec's will melt your polycraft, :o I wonder what my Evinrude DI will do to my polycraft???????:P :P

Cheers,
Fez

Crestcutter
15-06-2007, 07:20 PM
My first post i ended up blewin with about 6 members at once about Ken Brown and Paul Bert. Ahh those were the days lol.

Lucky_Phill
15-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Toooooooo long ago Scott. Some of us have been here since inception. ( 2001 )

having over 4,400 posts, I stand no chance of knowing what was said to who or about. But looking forward to the next 4,000.

Cheers Phill

revs57
15-06-2007, 07:48 PM
I remember mine very clearly. It was when I finally got to start building the Riptide. I was so excited I just had to tell someone! I'd found ausfish a couple of years earlier and thought here might be some folks that might appreciate what I was going though as an expectant "Father". From memory Kingtin and Pinhead empathized and made me really feel welcome - thanks guys...the past 1600 odd posts are all your fault!

Cheers

Rhys

revs57
15-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Hey Darryl, wheres the fighting puss! good to see you up and at it again

Cheers

Rhys

Derek Bullock
15-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Toooooooo long ago Scott. Some of us have been here since inception. ( 2001 )

having over 4,400 posts, I stand no chance of knowing what was said to who or about. But looking forward to the next 4,000.

Cheers Phill

Yep 2001 is to long ago for me to remember as well. This is the third forum software we have had since then

I remember my first PM Phill. It was to Steve (Ausfish) complaining about the language of some of the blokes. He made me a moderator on the old YaBB Board. What fun and games that was.
http://forum.camping.com.au/images/smiles/laughing.gif http://forum.camping.com.au/images/smiles/laughing.gif http://forum.camping.com.au/images/smiles/laughing.gif http://forum.camping.com.au/images/smiles/laughing.gif http://forum.camping.com.au/images/smiles/laughing.gif

Derek:o :o

skippa
15-06-2007, 07:54 PM
Man that was 5 years ago :-/

I think it was ...

My name is skippa and I'm a fishaholic ... phew got that off my chest ;D

buggered if I know, I got CRAFT disease :-[

choppa
15-06-2007, 08:10 PM
Man that was 5 years ago :-/

I think it was ...

My name is skippa and I'm a fishaholic ... phew got that off my chest ;D

buggered if I know, I got CRAFT disease :-[

your only a ""aholic"" if ya go to meetings,,,

hence why i'm not one of you lot;D;D;D

choppa

Black_Rat
15-06-2007, 10:13 PM
Gidday all,
So what was it???
Can you remember what it was??
If I remember I was asking questions about fishing down the Pin way after someone posted a report as I was just new to fishing the area.
I'm still trying to figure out fishing the Pin but that's 1/2 the fun. ;D

Or was it trying to find out about knots. I can't really remember...too long ago and my brain isn't so good now (or was that ever) :-[
Still don't know about knots as well. :'(
Cheers Scott :)

"Thanks" Scott ;)

After reading your post I have just spent the last 40 mins "Searching" Ausfish for my first reply ::)

What a laugh it was ;D reading the various dribble I have posted over the years ;D

But I eventually found it ! :thumbsup:

Here it is the post on page 4 :) for the record i'll post the pic of the flattie if I can find it ;D

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=83573&page=4 (http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=83573&page=4)

EDIT: added pic. I was a lot fitter back then ;D

Crestcutter
15-06-2007, 10:31 PM
Cheers Rhys , i have knocked 7 days a week off and just doing my 5 days now mate so i get more fishing and ausfish time.

Ps. I left because i got sick of looking at that harley of yours and dreaming mate.

Darryl.

Greg P
15-06-2007, 11:25 PM
I remember when it was just a threaded page - no sections like it has been for the last 6 yrs.

Lots of good people gone in this time - I first came to read Ron Collin's posts - what a gentlemen he was, always happy to help.

What was old is new again :-X::)

Black_Rat
15-06-2007, 11:41 PM
I remember when it was just a threaded page - no sections like it has been for the last 6 yrs.

Lots of good people gone in this time - I first came to read Ron Collin's posts - what a gentlemen he was, always happy to help.

What was old is new again :-X::)

Greg you should get on the water with a new boat !:P

A new :-X