PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Fuel Tank

Splash
12-06-2007, 05:30 PM
Hi Team.

I am in the market for one(1) plastic fuel tank - 1075 long x 375 wide x 260 deep.

The ally or SS ones are way too expensive for me.

Would someone like to propose some links/brnads that could suit these dims?

Splash

mako101
12-06-2007, 06:53 PM
Try www.biasboating.com.au

Splash
12-06-2007, 08:37 PM
DOne that.

There must be some other supplieres of plastic fuel tansk with a bi tmore variety...in dims

sid_fishes
12-06-2007, 09:43 PM
splash, mate what did the s\s tank price come in at ??

Splash
12-06-2007, 10:50 PM
too scared to ask.

Splash
12-06-2007, 11:13 PM
Instead of plumbing up multiple tanks together, i am thinking of simply using one main tank for use and when it gets to 5% empty, refill this tank with smaller 25l tanks on-board.

What is the best method for re-filling fuel tanks on-board?

What options do I have to run a small submersible pump in one fuel tank to pump to the other (main tank) ?

Splash

another thing to go wrong make sure you still have a manaul operation (gravity works well with tap set up

Noelm
13-06-2007, 09:33 AM
probably best forget the submersible pump idea, as a "proper" fuel pump would be quite expensive, unless you try to adapt some sort of Auto setup (that brings a whole new set of problems with car parts in a Marine environment) and just use some sort of hand syphon system, which can be easy and safe (sort of) to use, but not much fun in a bouncing boat. The chances of getting a standard tank to your dimensions is pretty remote, but you may be kind of close, try a GOOD dealer first and see what they can find for you.

stevos
14-06-2007, 09:40 AM
Mate is it "legal" to refuel while on the water? Think I remember some form of restiction on refueling being inplace due to the potential for spills as the boat moves. Possibly check it out just so you dont do the wrong thing in front of the wrong people.

I terms of going from a 25L to the main tank just get a jiggle siphon. Costs stuff all, will never break, doesnt take any room to store, and is easy and quick to use. Any form of pump is just way too much trouble in my opinion.

Cheers,

Steve

Splash
14-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Thanks Stevos.

Just contacted Queens;land Coastguard and Maritime Safety Board.

Both say it is legal to refuel at sea. The only restriction is for large commercial ships transferring fuel at sea at night time.

Regfards