PDA

View Full Version : Meet and greet flag

russ81
12-06-2007, 05:11 PM
Hows it going guys
Just thought i would let everyone know that as of the next meet and greet i will be sporting my new flag.( red backing with my user name
I got bored and decided to go and buy some material and some iron on transfer printing paper once i get the project finished completely i will post some pics.
This will tide me over until we get an official flag.

Russ

Chimo
12-06-2007, 05:47 PM
I thought the red pennant /flag as flown at the recent M&G was the official AF flag?

Chimo

longtail
12-06-2007, 05:51 PM
I thought the red pennant /flag as flown at the recent M&G was the official AF flag?

Chimo

so did i :-/ :-/

russ81
12-06-2007, 06:07 PM
Hows it going guys
I what does it look like, is it just a red square as i will do that instead
makes the job a litte easier
cheers
Russ

Reel Nauti
12-06-2007, 07:35 PM
It might be worth speaking to Steve Brown, owner of Ausfish, before you start reproducing what is probably copyright material.

Cheers

Dave

russ81
12-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Hows it going reel nauti
No Ausfish material was going to be used, the flag was going to contain my user name on red material this was until i was informed that a simple blank piece of material would do the trick
Russ

sid_fishes
12-06-2007, 09:07 PM
do we as ausfishers have a meet and greet flag as such, if we do can someone post a copy of it so the rest of us can catch up cheers ian

russ81
12-06-2007, 09:14 PM
hows it going sid
from what i can gather its just a red piece of material
Russ

russ81
12-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Hows it going guys
debating what to put on my flag.
I personally like the last one

Russ

Chimo
12-06-2007, 09:49 PM
Hi Guys

There is nothing all that dramatic in this flag thing.

All that happened was that Phil PMed those of us going to the M & G at Jacobs Well to suggest we fly a red flag so we could identify each other amongst al the other boats and it seemed to be worthwhile especialy for those without the AF fish sticker on boats

Nothing too spectacular really.

Cheers
Chimo

Reel Nauti
13-06-2007, 04:07 PM
I see what you mean now Russ. It's just that before you edited your first post you stated you were going to make an Ausfish flag. I took that as being with the Ausfish logo.

My misunderstanding.

Cheers

Dave

madmackrel
13-06-2007, 05:34 PM
;D Hey guys why not an ausfish flag with the logo, i would be glad to pay and proud to display it. Actually brought it up a while ago not to much response, maybe its time.
Cheers MM8-)

russ81
13-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Hows it going guys

reel nauti
I saw where you were coming from, that is i why i edited my post to save confusion

Russ

gone_fishing
13-06-2007, 05:43 PM
i thought af had flags with the emblem on them or it might of been a post that there should be a flag to regonise poeple
i think a flag would be great youd be suprised the poeple youd might meet

dogsbody
13-06-2007, 11:16 PM
I was just talking to my brother today about a ausfish flag and it would be a good idea for M@Gs. Something like a red triangle with tie on bits so you can fix it to your canopy or a spare fishing rod. Sounds a lot better than just a red rag.

Dave.

Herm
13-06-2007, 11:58 PM
The problem is the work that is involved and the money outlayed to get something like this available, and then how many people actually come through and end up buying them. Example the surf hats - great that there is interest but will enough hands go into to pockets to make it worth while for Steve!?!

I am working on a flag for us to fly proudly on the aerial of "On Strike!" with Steve' blessing (of course!;) )

I might post it up here when i get it finished.

Cheers
Janine

russ81
15-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Just a quick pic of how it turned out

Russ

Herm
15-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Very cute Russ!

Cheers
Janine

Lovey80
16-06-2007, 01:52 PM
Awesome Russ, Nauti i really cant see how anyone in the Ausfish heirachy would be upset at Ausfish members displaying the Ausfish symbol at a Ausfish meet and greet. If anything it is nothing more than further exposure for the site if not advertising. Of course anyone flying an Ausfish flag would be on their best behavior as we would be in some way representing the site.

Russ do you have an example of a flag with the Ausfish log that you could post on the site.

Cheers Chris

russ81
16-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Hows it going Chris
Yeah mate i also did up an ausfish one the pic is of the flag before i put my user name on it.

Russ

Lovey80
17-06-2007, 01:42 PM
That looks good mate. I'd go with the Ausfish one with Russ81 underneath.

Herm
23-06-2007, 11:37 AM
Not quite finished - but you get the idea!

Cheers
Janine:)

Chimo
23-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Hi Janine

Looks the goods, great in fact. How did you do that, is it a screen print?

Cheers
Chimo

Herm
23-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Hi Chimo

That is just my practice one (hand painted) but when I can get Pete to find the screen, I will be doing another one.

Cheers
Janine

Chimo
23-06-2007, 01:06 PM
I think the lowercase "ausfisH" apart from the "H" looks good Janine.

Did you try the non-capitalized "h"? Or the regular way Steve has it?

Well done anyway, I see a sub-contractor in the making1

Chimo

Herm
23-06-2007, 03:47 PM
I think the lowercase "ausfisH" apart from the "H" looks good Janine.

Did you try the non-capitalized "h"? Or the regular way Steve has it?

Well done anyway, I see a sub-contractor in the making1

Chimo

That is just a font that I had on my computer (it is all capitals - no lowercase available) I suppose I should have checked with Steve to see if he used a particular font.

I am not so sure about the "sub-contractor" comment though! :)

Cheers
Janine