PDA

View Full Version : G'day AusFishing

GreekBoi
12-06-2007, 03:10 PM
Hey everyone.

My name is Andrew, I been into fishing for a long time but been so busy with career stuff I never had the time to get out. I have recently got the fishing bug again and been doing some fishing at Hastings Point under the bidge.

I am saving up for a 14 ft boat soon mainly used for rivers and small bays, my dad was a marine welder so me and him are going to set it up with a front floor board so I can stand up and fish.

Well I hope everyone had a Great longweekend..I knwo I didn't..went to hastings and caught 0 fish :(

Andrew

russ81
12-06-2007, 04:35 PM
Hows it going mate
Welcome to the site
Russ

juju
12-06-2007, 05:10 PM
You should eb able to set your rig up to suit your own taste/wants/needs.......hope you get in the near future and get out on the water;D

wind rider
12-06-2007, 05:31 PM
next time if you have no luck try just down the road at pottsville.
you get some good flat head and whiting near the bridge espicaly at night.
great creek to do some snorkling in to find were the fish hide and then target with rod. small herring work great. camp site right on river next to bridge. used to stay there a lot mainly in summer.

MYMY
12-06-2007, 07:27 PM
G`day Andrew welcome aboard hope you get the boat in the water soon, this is a good site to get some tips off.
seya on the water
Andrew K

GreekBoi
13-06-2007, 10:18 PM
Thanks Guys =)

Yea, last time I was at hastings Point under the bridge at low tide there is a hole and its perfect for flathead. Me and my brother were using squidgies and caught 7x 48 cm flathead in 1 1/2 hrs.

Best time under the bridge is low tide so You can hit the hole.

Then and high tide its perfect for black bream, I caught a 45cm black bream off the bridge using squidgies again :) Love those squidgies.

Andrew C

saurian
15-06-2007, 01:06 PM
Hey Andrew , welcome aboard.

Chicka
07-01-2008, 09:10 AM
Hi All
Just joined Ausfish looks pretty cool with a large diverse member base.Have been fishing for many years mainly around Sydney areas/Pittwater ,The Hawkesbury and Syd.Harbour.
Cheers Chicka.