PDA

View Full Version : need advice

buzzard
11-06-2007, 07:05 AM
G'day,went and had alook at a clark corvette 4.3m with a 60hp johnson motor.The boat is a mid 80's model the motor is a '96 form memory.Can any one give me the good the bad or the ugly on these boats and motors.On inspection boat the looked structuraly sound although it could do with bit of a tidy up(paint & screen).The motor looked clean and tidy,it has been recently rebuilt.Any info would be appreciated.
thanks

FNQCairns
11-06-2007, 07:47 AM
Cannot remember the corvette, although all of the Clark's were solid boats, most if not all were built the way most modern mass produced tinnys can only dream about today, the engine is/was a solid performer also.

There is always a BUT! Because of the age of the rig, it needs to be considered an individual, those motors were as good as any and better than some but the one you are looking at may nothing but a lump of trouble, best to get it all checked over by a pro. Check thoroughly for corrosion/cracks in hard to see places on the tinny also check the outer skin for stresslines.

cheers fnq

buzzard
11-06-2007, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the good advice fnq,the clark corvette i'm looking at is a runabout style.A mate knows a marine mechanic i'll ask if he can come with me for a second look and water test.
cheers buzzard.