PDA

View Full Version : What a Night!!

Mercury16
09-06-2007, 09:16 AM
the huge storm hit lake macquarie around 2:30 am last night.
i was sleeping peacfully whilst it happened but i woke to see roads flooded the lake is brown and at its highest point.
i live across the road from the channel and it has brached the walls and flooded everywhere. soccer fields are completly underwater. as are roads. the sea weed is all over the footpath showing you just how high the water level rose.
i continued my bike ride down to my boat ramp it is all flooded. the whole carpark. tyres are everywhere. and trees blocking everything. wont be taking the boat out for a while.
luckily my house is on a higher part of the channel so i didnt get flooded but a few houses were not so lucky.

anything bad happen to you; fellow ausfishers?

Fish Guts
09-06-2007, 09:53 AM
you guys got a spanking down there ! sad to hear about the fatalities.
watching that bulk carrier closely, you'd need some serious tugs to pull that one back out id imagine.

gone_fishing
09-06-2007, 10:14 AM
all good at my house live on the side of a hill
goto go to dads work depot at northern end of the lake had about a two feet of water throught the yard and office
probably had two pumps at work go under doing sewer by pass

el_carpo
09-06-2007, 10:23 AM
Oh man! That stinks! I'm sorry to read the bad news. For ages, I've been reading about water restrictions, fires and droughts and now, when it does rain for you guys, this happens. I hope everybody is safe and sound. Take care everybody. And DON'T overdo it if you're doing cleanup work. In a bad windstorm that we had recently, I was removing some huge fallen trees for my neighbors down the block and got a little light-headed from overwork. Fun with a chainsaw. I didn't get hurt, but nearly sent myself to Jesus looking like a mess.

Hey mother nature! Put down the whiskey bottle and straighten up ya doofus!