PDA

View Full Version : Boyne Tannum Hook.

sandyd
08-06-2007, 09:50 AM
Well it is the first day of the hook up and the sun is shining and out our back door there is hardly a breeze.
Out comes the computer to check the forcast which to our surprise it is sort of looking ok at this stage but hate to think what it will be like later on in the day.

Owen, Curt and Ian are all holding there heads as they indulged in a little to much of the Pure Blonde's last night and I am sure that if it had have been the real deal they would be pretty proud of themselves being in the condition they are. Poor Owen he is just not a big drinker and I would have to say this is the worst I have ever seen him but rain or shine this is the Hook up and they are going fishing.

It has come to the time for around the table discussion on where they will put in, will it be Gladstone and out to Rat Island and if not to lumpy go out to one of the wrecks or put in at Boyne and go out the front. This conversation is going around and around and neither of the other two know what he is talking about (Brisbane/Gold Coast) I don't believe Owen does either. This is going to be a long discussion just to many choices.

The boat is packed and they are still debating which way to head, all in the car and off they go, ............ nope brakes on Owen jumps out of the car and is now looking for my zapper thing for sea sickness, this is not looking good. I am sure they are not going to have to make up burly this trip, I think they will have it on tap and on demand. Hooray finally fish for tea.

sik008
08-06-2007, 10:12 AM
hey sandyd..
i live on the boyne river and its looks absolutely awesome...it is supposed to be getting better however i might be a bit rough out wide...
hopefully it gets better and Douglas shoals here we come!!!
If it does blow up go to on of the wrecks like nautilous or Morning star but if not go out wide...

cheers alex

sandyd
08-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Thanks for that Alex but today the boys are doing it alone. Think if they start hurling I will be right behind them as I don't have the strongest stomach. See what tomorrow brings us hope it is as good as to day has started.

I assume you are in the hook up if so good luck on the fishing as well as the draws.

sik008
08-06-2007, 12:36 PM
thanks sandyd
yer might go out wide if it is under 10 but i hav just been to the hook-up to talk to all the boats coming in and they said good in close but a bit lumpy out wider...

cheers alex

Cobia Kid
09-06-2007, 03:58 AM
yep she was a bit breezy out wide yesterday...today doesnt look much better...looked at rundle and its still as rough as ...ah well, just gotta tough it out eh?
good luck guys

sandyd
09-06-2007, 08:42 AM
Had to laugh yesterday, was told in confidence :-X that Owen and the guys got out to rat Island I think he said, anchored up only to find they had forgot to get the bait. :laugh:
Being survivors they pulled out the roast beef sandwich's to try and catch some small bait fish but the fish did not take to roast beef at all.
All that aside they went back in and got some bait and started again. They did not have a good day for size of fish they catch but quantity they ended up with about 19 under size cod and a few other fish as well.

Today it is of to the dam to try their luck with the barra, hope this is more of a success story as I would love them to catch at least one good barra each.

We all went to the draws last night and boy was it freezing cold out there. There where some great fish caught for the first day of the comp and I am sure that there will be many more to come. A lot of the big fish don't come in till the Sunday when all the over nighters bring there catch to shore, so looking forward to seeing what they get.

sandyd
09-06-2007, 08:45 AM
yep she was a bit breezy out wide yesterday...today doesnt look much better...looked at rundle and its still as rough as ...ah well, just gotta tough it out eh?
good luck guys

They say the weather is suppose to be good on Sunday so that will be the day I go out, would be nice to catch a nice sweetlip or even a red for tea but a day out on the water will also do me fine.

good luck Cobia Kid would be nice to see you up for the running for best size fish but if not have fun.

sandyd
09-06-2007, 08:48 AM
thanks sandyd
yer might go out wide if it is under 10 but i hav just been to the hook-up to talk to all the boats coming in and they said good in close but a bit lumpy out wider...

cheers alex

Think from what I heard last night a lot will be fishing the rivers today, even crabbing was on the agenda for some.

Enjoy your day where ever you are.

Cobia Kid
10-06-2007, 05:36 AM
Thanks sandy, just heading out now, going to try the beacons and the colusseum....it was freezing last night eh?
We didnt get anything yesterday, and when we got back to the boat ramp we were informed byt the dpi? where we were fishing that a pro had set his nets and no one was catching anything there...they should ban that for a month before the comp...it sux to get back after spending 8 hours in rough conditions to find that out

You might see us there with our red Allison hats on and our *blue Dog* Team Allison shirts on...if you do give us a hoy
cheers and good luck!

Cobia Kid
11-06-2007, 05:58 AM
well sandy, managed to get the junior for cobia yesterday...50 bucks towards fuel, even if it was one of my poorer efforts at 7.7kg

was that your name they called out last night for winning a category?