PDA

View Full Version : 60 four/s yammie for 75 etec tiller

sjp2
07-06-2007, 05:44 AM
the boat need a bigger motor and a dealer has a 75 2yr old etec so i am considering trading my 2yr old 60 efi yammie f/stroke on it ,all the other 70 f/s are too heavy starting from 165 kg upwards,still have warrenty left on the etec,so am i making the right decision or going backwards getting into a 2stroke again ,possibly giving reliability up for the unknown,like to hear some thoughts on this:-/

TheSaint
07-06-2007, 08:08 AM
If your saying your boat needs a bigger motor going to any 75 your boat will be faster but going to etec you will have the great out of the hole performance of a 2stroke but with the running costs of a 4 stroke.. no servicing for the first 3 years another major saving over your 4stroke & i do believe that the 3 year service is not that dear.. I would get it mate even if it's just go quicker.. Etecs are good motors & every owner i have spoken too has been happy with theirs & they are quiet..

Noelm
07-06-2007, 08:19 AM
doesn't matter what you have modern 2 or 4 stroke, they are all fantastic, and I guess it must be more power, as it has 15 moreHP, not much you might think but 75HP is 25% more than a 60

Smithy
07-06-2007, 08:02 PM
Is the 75 Etec still a tiller steer? What is the Bombadier tiller like? It would be hard to beat the Yammie tiller setup. I reckon your decision should hinge on that. Living in Hervey Bay I would have thought you would have been able to get your boat sorted out with propping/foils/tabs or weight distribution. Are your fuel tanks and batteries down where you sit? If you were doing bars or out in big swell things might be different but in the bay, you should be able to make it work. You will never get a more fuel efficient motor than your current 60.

deadbeatloser
07-06-2007, 09:19 PM
the boat need a bigger motor and a dealer has a 75 2yr old etec so i am considering trading my 2yr old 60 efi yammie f/stroke on it ,all the other 70 f/s are too heavy starting from 165 kg upwards,still have warrenty left on the etec,so am i making the right decision or going backwards getting into a 2stroke again ,possibly giving reliability up for the unknown,like to hear some thoughts on this:-/
m8 25yrs with 2 strokes n just bought me a 60 fs yammy , best thing i ever did , wat about 80 fs n sum transom beefing up. u will notice those horrible fumes as i must say m8 has 90 etec n it does still smeel bro. dont look bak keep go n forward;D

sjp2
08-06-2007, 07:24 AM
that why iam in two minds ,heard about continous computer updates ,oil lights coming on etc with the etecs,but on a nice flat day in the 50klm max is just not enough::) the tillers much the same Smithy($500 more) ,with the trim switch right on the end of the throttle,no slow rev /trolling switch
the boat setups fine ,heaps of room and nothing to walk around,but am going to put an extra 40 kg on the stern to check her trim at rest
heard suzuki working on a lighter 70 ,might be out by dec ,so thanks for the feedback but i'll stick with a 4st ,besides this one hasent missed a beat

might spend the money on a furuno 620 instead