PDA

View Full Version : rattling cat

snapperback
06-06-2007, 10:27 PM
hi guys,
i own a webster twin fisher and it seems to me that a weld has given way inside one of the air tight sponsons (im assuming there is some kind of internal bracing). when i hit large waves or chop i can hear it rattling and even when towing. first i thought it may have been the anchor or some other piece of metal rattling against the hull but i checked all that out and i still have the same problem. anyone else had the same problem? and if so how would u repair that or even find where the problem is without making swiss cheese of the hull?!?

Noelm
07-06-2007, 08:27 AM
is it new? or new to you? and I guess the least "invasive" way to inspect is via the floor, at least it can be taken up (even if difficult) and refitted, or even give websters ring if it is a real worry.

DR
07-06-2007, 09:47 AM
i would also give websters a call & ask about the internal construction of the sponsons, just to see if it is possible for something to come loose & asking what the way to fix is...

i would be interested as well as i have a 4.3, no problems, other than not putting some sort of insulation on the screws used to fit the floor, which caused a bit of electrolysis.

dnej
07-06-2007, 07:49 PM
The manufacturers would like you to call them, to see if they can help
David
Kelly Schofield
Websters Twinfisher Enterprises
11 Corporation Place
Orange NSW 2800
ph 61 2 6363 1965
fax 61 2 6363 1327

webtwin@bigpond.net.au

SnapHead101
08-06-2007, 06:16 AM
and sometimes the service from a boat builder is so good it makes you mad ..... because they don't build the size of boat your after !!!! Impressive.