PDA

View Full Version : Good simple marinate for bluefin tuna

blaze
06-06-2007, 08:25 PM
hi al
Good simple marinate for bluefin tuna (and I dont eat raw fish), so just after a simple way to marinate and cook on the barbi or in the pan or another successful way of cooking
cheers
blaze

Ausfish
06-06-2007, 09:40 PM
Try the Yellowfin Tuna Aloha on Page 5

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=100844

blaze
07-06-2007, 06:06 AM
thanks Steve, didnt see that one. Will see how we go
cheers
blaze

kingkev
07-06-2007, 08:31 AM
Soy sauce, Sake (Japanese wine), Ginger, shallots..............marinate for 1 hour and then on a hot BBQ to seal the edges. 20 seconds on each side and you are done.

blaze
07-06-2007, 05:06 PM
give that one a try to, thanks king kev
cheers
blaze

sleepygreg
08-06-2007, 12:51 AM
honey, soy, garlic and ginger............marinate for a coupla hours.....then on to the bbq hotplate. And it is even better when ya put the steaks ya didnt eat into a cold salad or onto a fresh bread sanger the next day(the cooked leftovers i mean).

Greg

-spiro-
09-06-2007, 07:12 AM
Never tried ginger in a marinate. Whats it like-bitter/sweet/sour?
Do you buy it in a masterfoods bottle or some thing else.
Can you over power the mixture by putting to much in?
Cheers Chris

blaze
09-06-2007, 11:52 AM
Never tried ginger in a marinate. Whats it like-bitter/sweet/sour?
Do you buy it in a masterfoods bottle or some thing else.
Can you over power the mixture by putting to much in?
Cheers Chris

Yes, I have just did it. Fresh ginger root, I did a half size of Steves link last night and went a little over the top with the ginger and it certainly was a outstanding flavour in the mix. Not that it was a bad flavour but a little over powering of the others. Dont know how I would descibe the taste but not as any of the 3 you mentioned, maybe pungent. Eating the left over in about 20 min for lunch so its ok
cheers
blaze
ps be careful what ya do with ya hands after playing with chillies

Fiji fish head
10-07-2007, 03:07 PM
squeeze a bit of lemon over it to add that extra special taste!!

chantarle
29-06-2008, 09:55 AM
Tried this marinade last night. Delicious! The best way I've had blue fin, and living in Port Lincoln I'm lucky enough to have tried a few. Can't wait to have it again. Mmmm.....maybe tonight.
Thankyou!

Noelm
01-07-2008, 09:19 AM
although I am not a "marinade man" I have found one in a packet sort of thing at Woolies the other day, there is 4 different flavors, I think Chinese, Portugese and 2 others tried it last night on some Tuna and it was very good, also very good for ribs on the Webber, I will dig the packet out of the rubbish today and get the exact brand, pretty good for a quick feast, only needs a bit of a "soak"