PDA

View Full Version : New Fibreglass dinghies

johnsonMAN
06-06-2007, 08:13 PM
Hi guys, In the Sunday Mail a month or so ago there was an article on 4mtr fibreglass dinghies with 30hp Tohatsu Motors and Trailers for $5999
http://www.bayonemarinegroup.com.au/product.php?id=19
I like the look of these boats but im interested on peoples thoughts on the Tohatsu motors more specifically and also the boats if anybody has looked at these.

Thankyou

billfisher
06-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Hi guys, In the Sunday Mail a month or so ago there was an article on 4mtr fibreglass dinghies with 30hp Tohatsu Motors and Trailers for $5999
http://www.bayonemarinegroup.com.au/product.php?id=19
I like the look of these boats but im interested on peoples thoughts on the Tohatsu motors more specifically and also the boats if anybody has looked at these.

Thankyou

I think you will find that price is for the hull only. The link you put up quotes
$3,476 to $6,888 for just the different 4 mtr hulls. For the 30 hp motor you can add another $3,000 or so and another $1,000 or more for the trailer.

johnsonMAN
06-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Mate where did u get those prices from a 30hp tohatsu, boat and trailer is $5999 if you go into specials on the top page u will find the price
http://www.bayonemarinegroup.com.au/index.php?id=12
Dont speak to soon mate.

billfisher
06-06-2007, 09:49 PM
Well you put the wrong link up in the first instance. In the special they mention a $2,000 discount so that would then add up.

Tracker
07-06-2007, 10:10 AM
nothin wrong with the tohatsu. they go forever.

sik008
07-06-2007, 03:19 PM
Tohatsu are a good motor and i have heard a few good things about them.
They are cheaper than the Hondas and the Suzukis but not as good. But the 4 strokes are heavy..
Go the Tohatsu or Yamaha

finga
07-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Sounds like a bit of a bargain if they have some left.
Can't go wrong with the Tohy :)

bushbeachboy
07-06-2007, 06:23 PM
I've got a 30 Tohy I just took off the Polycraft. I found it to be a good motor, reliable, started first time every time (electric start with pull start), very economical to run. I have just upgraded the poly to a 40, but it's a heavy hull. Check the hull weight on that glass dinghy, it should be fine with a 30.

I'm going to be selling the 30, when I get around to it. Would do it for a good price for a fellow Ausfisher. If you'd be interested in it, PM me, but check first with the dealer about the special price, ie you might have to buy the whole package to get the good price. There's no point buying a second hand motor if you can buy a new one for the same or cheaper.

Cheers
Craig

johnsonMAN
07-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Yeh i think i will go all new because of the warranties and everything.
The hull weighs approximately 130kg so a 30 would push it fine.
Im have about a 20 year old stacer seahorse 3.9 and its still good but i would like to upgrade. I like fibreglass but is it true that you cant run it up on beaches eg. Pumicestone passage, If we ever go their we like to go over to bribie and Have a walk through to the surf.
What is the best way?
Thanks
ps. Im an experienced boatie but im not really knowledgable on fibreglass.