PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated

juju
06-06-2007, 01:40 PM
Just down at the servo, there was a guy there with his12 foot tinny buying bait, about to go fish the pine river for a few hours he said......must be either dedicated or have a sad home life....

ffejsmada
06-06-2007, 02:02 PM
I must admit I did give it a thought to have a fish today, but - it was only a thought!!!::)

I think I'll wait for the rain to stop.;D

themissus
06-06-2007, 02:16 PM
Had my best days bass fishing in the rain. We often grab the wet weather gear and head out in the rain. What else is there to do?:P

marty+jojo
06-06-2007, 02:17 PM
I just got home and when i was driving across the Hornibrook bridge looking out over a dead flat bay i was very tempted, but it would be wet and cold.
Marty.

juju
06-06-2007, 02:34 PM
I think id rather just watch some taped fishing action......i did catch some good bream once on a miserable day....but it wasnt what you would call a nice comfortable days fishing......wet to the bone...cold......if you were a pom , i guess it would be considerd to be ok...

stark
06-06-2007, 02:42 PM
Don't want to take the boat out-rain at 25kts is not fun, but I might put on the rain gear and flick some lures at wello for flatties.

Cheers
John

warrior1
06-06-2007, 03:35 PM
sometimes it both,just have to getaway from handbrake and relax

fez
06-06-2007, 03:41 PM
Yep,

I reckon he put in at Dohles Rocks Ramp, there was only one car and trailer at that ramp when I drove past it this arvo at about 2:30pm. Mind you I did pass another one heading that way!!!!!:o

Ask the kids if they want to go fishing today, I reckon it's only the adults that worry about getting wet. Some may not have even seen rain;D

When I was living in Cairns we would go all the time when it was raining as the Barra lit up just after it stopped (especially if it was a storm mid afternoon)

Braver than me though I must admit.

Fez

WHALEOIL
06-06-2007, 03:49 PM
Skirt wearers the lot of you. "It's too cold", "It's too wet":P

Had my best days bass fishing in the rain. We often grab the wet weather gear and head out in the rain. What else is there to do?

The only one with any nads about them is called "the missus"::)

B_E_N
06-06-2007, 04:10 PM
ive braved a late night, in june, pissing down rain, no raincoat or water protecting clothes on the end of my grandparents jetty, funny thing was there was 5 of us and we wer all catching good sized bream! didnt mind it when we wer younger, even built kubby houses in the mud and pouring rain, nothing used to stop us!....but then i caught the lazy....

ffejsmada
06-06-2007, 04:18 PM
[quote=WHALEOIL;630809]Skirt wearers the lot of you. "It's too cold", "It's too wet":P

The thick skinned Canberran would certainly know what cold is!!:'(:'( hahahaha

We don't need to fish in the cold or the rain if we don't want to.;)

We're in Queensland;D

WHALEOIL
06-06-2007, 04:22 PM
A balmy -3 this morning jeff.

ffejsmada
06-06-2007, 04:27 PM
A balmy -3 this morning jeff.

Holy Sh!t mate.

That'll really fire the Carp up in Lake Burley Griffin!:o

Cheers, Jeff.

russ81
06-06-2007, 05:06 PM
Hows it going
I have to admit i seriously thought about heading out this morning but decided at the last minute the bed was way to warm and comfy.:sleeping:
Russ

WHALEOIL
06-06-2007, 05:22 PM
That'll really fire the Carp up in Lake Burley Griffin

They would prefer to be swimming in the shitworks. Even Carp have standards.

Anyway, enjoy the rain. It is much needed across the country. I hope they are getting it inland.
The mountain lakes in the Snowy's are so low, people are knocking off souvenirs from old Adaminaby (a town flooded when the scheme was built).

Scalem
06-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Hows it going
I have to admit i seriously thought about heading out this morning but decided at the last minute the bed was way to warm and comfy.:sleeping:
Russ

There have been occasions when the balance tipped the other way, only for me to be sitting there under the boat canopy shaking from the cold and thinking why! One time there was so much rain even a cormorant ( bird) decided he would join me and sat on the side of the boat. If you need to scratch the fishing itch, it has to be done no matter what. You just end up coming home sooner than planned every time its raining like this;D

Scalem

Durnick
06-06-2007, 10:16 PM
Keep the rain comin I say, it would be nice to use a real boat ramp!!

Davemclean
06-06-2007, 10:40 PM
I think id rather just watch some taped fishing action......i did catch some good bream once on a miserable day....but it wasnt what you would call a nice comfortable days fishing......wet to the bone...cold......if you were a pom , i guess it would be considerd to be ok...

lol, I have spent many a days fishing in weather like that, being a pom I'm used to it, lol, this winter I went fishing in -10C temperatures, and still caught, I forgot my bloody gloves though

Dezzer
07-06-2007, 08:15 AM
Have drizabone, go fishin. Theres also the Hornibrook/Houghton and Pine river bridges to hide under.

bushbeachboy
07-06-2007, 08:27 AM
I love going fishing in the rain, or being out there when it starts. I find it normally fires the fish up. And if you decide to move spot and your deckie gets down behind the front deck to avoid the rain hitting him, just do what I do and stop. Hehe.:P That way you can share the getting soaked thing.8-) ;D

finga
07-06-2007, 01:00 PM
I love fishing in the rain.
The fish sometimes fire and the wind sometimes drops.
All you need is some decent wet-weather gear and away you go.
Only hassle I see is the tinny becoming a tank but the bilge solves that problem.
It's a bit uncumphy though when the windchill thingo starts happening and downright miserable when the windchill and chop is happening together.

I have a canopy with windscreen and clears all 'round for the tinny but prefer not to use them.
I love the peacefulness of the surrounds that comes with the pitter, patter of the rain banging against my skull.
Only other big worry I have is how to keep my anzac's biccies dry when it's smoko time. Now that's a HUGE problem without the canopy.

dogsbody
07-06-2007, 01:46 PM
I don't mind getting a bit wet, at least the ramp won't be chockers.

finga you could always get one of those umbrella hats. What a look. ;D

Dave.

finga
07-06-2007, 03:07 PM
I don't mind getting a bit wet, at least the ramp won't be chockers.

finga you could always get one of those umbrella hats. What a look. ;D

Dave.
Tried that. It gets a bit whoopsy daisey in the breeze when I'm motoring.
I'm not worried about the look of it. Just the practicality.
When you meet me old mate you'll realise that looks isn't a priority for me ;D

And so true about the ramp...empty is good.

Same goes for all the water-ways. Empty, which usually means Scott doesn't do his block at the wally's that are usually around in the nice weather :D

Davemclean
07-06-2007, 10:39 PM
I went fishing this morning, at a lake, and it started raining heavily, soaked right through my water proofs, the rain was that heavy that it made it hard to see what you were doing, like looking through a waterfall

finga
08-06-2007, 07:21 AM
Another bit I don't really enjoy when fishing in the rain is when your motoring to another spot and the rain drops feel like buckshot getting fired into your face and eyes.
At least it isn't as bad as rain hitting me when I ride the motorcicle. I still don't use a visor. :-/

Dirtysanchez
08-06-2007, 12:02 PM
I agree with Finga, in fact the best session I have had on the whiting was in the rain a few years back, it was a cold day, and bucketing down, so on with the waders, and a jumper, then a decent raincoat over that, and some scotchdry on me hat.. I didn't get too wet, but we caught about 50 decent fish between 3 blokes :D

Beer and rum, thats why god invented them, so the cold doesn't even register after a while !! ;D

lenthals_barra
08-06-2007, 05:52 PM
I think thats just some one that really has the fishing bug, like me! i go fishing when ever i can in rain, hail or shine :P