PDA

View Full Version : What colour paint for the new boat

timddo
06-06-2007, 11:48 AM
Got the boat ordered. Was wondering what paint colour is good. Cost is $1000 for colour upgrade, thereabouts.

Wags black boat looks good.

juju
06-06-2007, 12:12 PM
Salt spray shows up on dark colours....white is safe.......but a bright colour can be a real eyecatcher...orange looks good......seen a met green last week..was different and looked good..same green as the ute on the tv add...

Wahoo
06-06-2007, 02:51 PM
Got the boat ordered. Was wondering what paint colour is good. Cost is $1000 for colour upgrade, thereabouts.

Wags black boat looks good.

im sorry Timdoo, but if its an alloy boat dont paint it, leave it as is
they all look good at first but after a while they end up looking crap, you always read / hear some stuff up down the track, but thats me
like i said they do look good at first
and yes Wags boat looks the goods

Daz

Ohh if your going to paint it the black is sweet

mini696
06-06-2007, 03:25 PM
Hot Pink!!

Nah If I had my choice I would go for "Safety orange" on the hull, and white or clean (no paint) under the waterline.

PS "Safety orange" is just a very bright orange.

wags on the water
06-06-2007, 06:15 PM
There seems to be more and more black boats showing up now. Yes black looks great with the right pinstriping, during the day. What colours have you got to choose from?

Chris Ryan
07-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Dark colours would be hard to spot - God forbid if you ever tip over. I have a dark blue antifoul on the keel of my boat but still keep the white close to the waterline for the JIC scenario.

Black would also get bitchin hot in summer.

Blackened
07-06-2007, 01:20 PM
G'day

As an allot boat, and if it's a fishing boat.... Keep it bare.

If its to be panted, a standard white and spunk it up with some real nice graphics.

Dave

Smithy
07-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Nyalic clear over alloy is the go. Easy to clean and doesn't show up problems. Everything was nearly done right on the boat above which was my 585 Mclay with Duralac on every screw, bolt and under ever fitting. An old Ausfisher Brooke had Nyalic on his Fisher as well that looked really good. Very popular on all the NZ built plate boats.

bushbeachboy
07-06-2007, 05:24 PM
Get a Polycraft mate - no corrosion worries and you can get it in the best colour.:P

saurian
07-06-2007, 05:39 PM
I agree with smithy , NO paint on the hull , maybe paint topsides only.
I had a platey with custom paint job and my mates hated me as I was always up them to not even touch it....
Now I've got a secondhand painted boat , just rip there heads off and drag them over the side (fish that is) sinker and all.
I will never have a custom paint job on the hull or transom again.
Ta ( if you do y13 from protec.

choppa
07-06-2007, 08:49 PM
the reno on my tinny has already been decided,,, bought it with red sides and a mottle grey interior

new job is planned with mystic black outer,,,,, hammerfinish grey/black interior

can't beat black,,,, specially with the new decals that are planned

choppa

sambos
08-06-2007, 06:38 PM
if its a glass boat stick with white or a very pale colour unless you plan on repacing boats every 5 years or earlier.the darker colors fade dramaticly even if garaged.white you can wet an dry back then buff and it will look pretty good again for awhile, but on colours age will show rapidly