PDA

View Full Version : anyone own a stacer 519 searunner

Ram-rod
06-06-2007, 12:11 AM
Hi i'm new here and wondered if anyone can help. I am thinking of buying a Stacer 519 Searunner and wondered if anyone out there owns one can give me an idea of what they are like on the water..and what size motor i should look at..
price is good and looked at a heap of boats but boat for bucks it seems good
thanks

wags on the water
06-06-2007, 09:00 AM
http://www.stacer.com.au/view_boat.aspx?stockc=SCA519SR
This gives you an idea of what size motor you can put on the boat. But it comes down to $$$$ for a four stroke. The ready to go package plus about $3000 - $4000.

Ram-rod
06-06-2007, 10:52 AM
thanks i have been to that site many times, but i have a dealer saying i should put a 115 on it but others saying a 90 is fine. Your boat looks good in black, how does it perform with the 100 4st yammy..

wags on the water
07-06-2007, 09:23 AM
The fuel economy is great with this motor/boat combo. Best trip was 96km - roughly 30litres 2pob, another 95km - 33litres 1pob. Pick your days for trips offshore.
If you are buying one new, before buying, check the hatch/screen gaps, as this allows water (spray or rain) to enter the cabin area. This is one area I didn't pay much attention to.

Cheers,

Wags

Ram-rod
07-06-2007, 09:55 AM
Thanks Wags i heard that, and i did notice gaps there you coud drive a truck through and saw one in a yard after rain and the cabin cushions were soaked. and i believe that Stacer are not to keen to fix that either. i have a runabout now that does that and the missus says that if we spend 35+k for a newy then that had better not happen. Well it seems it will with one of those.

thanks for that and i detect a little frustration in your post, did all go well with the sale, finish ect?

cheers
Ram-rod

wags on the water
07-06-2007, 11:04 AM
7391 7392

This boat is 3months old, and has been back to the factory twice and going back again. If anyone forks out $40k+ for a boat they'd be peeved off too IMHO in this situation.

This is one problem they won't fix. :-X

Ram-rod
07-06-2007, 11:22 AM
thats a shocker Wags, i cannot believe that a boat costs so much should have a problem like that..especially a little detail like that, that could be designed so much better..I hope they are looking after you there because unless they fix it I think they will lose sales..

perhaps that doesn't worry them i don't know...I best reconsider this carefully, get a quote today so will be interesting to see..
it is a top looking rig though and by all accounts goes well and handles wel from what i hear

hope all goes well with you and keep in touch, i would be interested in the outcome
I live in Hervey Bay and was looking for a slightly larger boat that my 4.5 runabout. this fishing here is great but the water does get a little unfreindly..

cheers
Ram-rod

wags on the water
07-06-2007, 12:51 PM
thats a shocker Wags, i cannot believe that a boat costs so much should have a problem like that..especially a little detail like that, that could be designed so much better..I hope they are looking after you there because unless they fix it I think they will lose sales..

perhaps that doesn't worry them i don't know...I best reconsider this carefully, get a quote today so will be interesting to see..
it is a top looking rig though and by all accounts goes well and handles wel from what i hear

hope all goes well with you and keep in touch, i would be interested in the outcome
I live in Hervey Bay and was looking for a slightly larger boat that my 4.5 runabout. this fishing here is great but the water does get a little unfreindly..

cheers
Ram-rod

This hiccup (thats the nice way of puting it), isn't finished with. According to the manufacturer, this will not be fixed as thats how it's designed. All the other problems (one would say not major) problems shouldn't occur on a BRAND NEW BOAT.
I've looked at a range of the Stacer cabin boats lately and they're all the same. If I had a chance to do it all again I wouldn't overlook the little things.
On the other hand the ride/handling in them is something I can't knock.

Wahoo
07-06-2007, 01:11 PM
PM sent

Daz