PDA

View Full Version : monduran report

shaneoo
05-06-2007, 11:49 AM
Howdy all,
Finally got up to monduran on the weekend for a fish. We had alot of hook ups with no results. We found the barra to be hitting the head of the lures which in turn they seamed to be missing the trebles. We all still had a great time in truly wounderfull place. We did manage to land a few barra biggest went 940mm just a little puppy, as well as some around the 700mm mark. We found heaps of barra holding deep on the sounder , in groups on snags. Also found that most of the hook ups where in the arvo with the mornings pretty quite. only the 1 bass caught not a bad size at 40 cm. One of the hilights was sight casting to a bunch of barra holding on a snag in the arvo sun.We had 4 hook ups on this snag great fun.

BR65
05-06-2007, 05:39 PM
Nice trip Shaneoo, where abouts were you fishing and how were the water temps, is the concrete ramp still ok to use??
cheers
Brian

TIMMY 666
05-06-2007, 05:49 PM
Good report shaneoo, some nice fish caught 8-) How do you find the fishing at Monduran during the colder months, do ya reckon a newbie could still get onto a barra? Also what weight braid do you use?

Thanks,

Tim.

bassbuster
05-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Shaeoo,
Has the barra interrest moved up stream from white rock with the cooler weather? I have only fished this dam around early october before the water had a real chance to warm up. At that time most of the interest was in the shallows , up stream of white rock.
Looks like you all had a top time. Pics look great.

Bassbuster

Zimbarra
05-06-2007, 09:06 PM
Good stuff Shaneoo
Was there on thursday only managed to land one 64cm out of 5 hook ups.
Same with us only got them in the arvy. we got ours in the shallows found this one bay was 24.8 dregrees compared to the 23 everywhere else got 4 hook ups in there.

You did well
cheers zim

shaneoo
06-06-2007, 10:15 AM
Howdy guys,
br65 we found most off the water to be around the 20 to 22 deg, and yes the concrete ramp is still find to use.

tim666, this was my first trip to monduran, we found them manly in the arvo, both in the shallows and about 10 mtr, when we found the big fella, they where suspened off a snag up to about 5 mtr from the surface, so out went the lure a bang. all the other hook ups came in the shallows from 3 mtr up.

Buster,
we found that section b on the map was the most productive area, the big fella came from just past the cattle yards

zimbarra,
u where lucky to find water that warm we looked everywhere but the best was 22.6 from memory, if this dam fishes this well in cold water i will be spending heaps of time up there in the warmer months

cheers all

Leigh77
06-06-2007, 12:44 PM
Howdy guys,
br65 we found most off the water to be around the 20 to 22 deg, and yes the concrete ramp is still find to use.

tim666, this was my first trip to monduran, we found them manly in the arvo, both in the shallows and about 10 mtr, when we found the big fella, they where suspened off a snag up to about 5 mtr from the surface, so out went the lure a bang. all the other hook ups came in the shallows from 3 mtr up.

Buster,
we found that section b on the map was the most productive area, the big fella came from just past the cattle yards

zimbarra,
u where lucky to find water that warm we looked everywhere but the best was 22.6 from memory, if this dam fishes this well in cold water i will be spending heaps of time up there in the warmer months

cheers all

Thanks for the headsup Shane, as I am just hours away from heading up there for a week of casting. With any luck the rain wont drop the water temp too much, but it wont stop me from trying.

shaneoo
06-06-2007, 02:48 PM
liegh,
i just rang my wife at work im going to go back up on saturday, just to get away from brissy, hopefully i get to see u up there, the weather looks like it going to break on friday
cheer shaneoo

Murph77
06-06-2007, 07:47 PM
Some nice barra there fellas, well done