PDA

View Full Version : bit rough seas

Wahoo
04-06-2007, 07:01 PM
vid from deadliest catch, damn mad if you ask me http://break.com/index/deadliest-catch-wave-compilation.html

Daz

Wayne_Red
04-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Great series that, never tire of watching it.
Wayne

saurian
04-06-2007, 08:17 PM
Hey crackerjack , video looks cold as.
But thinking , wonder what a video would be like of this ,
Selkirk Settler off dampier 03/07 in cyclone George.
Ore carries aren't small to say the least !!!

Wahoo
04-06-2007, 08:39 PM
Hey crackerjack , video looks cold as.
But thinking , wonder what a video would be like of this ,
Selkirk Settler off dampier 03/07 in cyclone George.
Ore carries aren't small to say the least !!!

would love to see a vid on that ship, the volume of water on that 2nd pic is outstanding :o

Daz

Tassie JR
04-06-2007, 08:48 PM
dont they get some nice crab and make some good money but i recon it would be pretty scary. nice pics there saurian

cheers tassie JR

Greg P
04-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Few good videos on this site

http://safehavenmarine.phanfare.com/album/207279#imageID=12189161

Those boats are bad ass !

Have a look at some of the cat videos - that is called walking :o

charleville
04-06-2007, 09:50 PM
I am sure those guys' mothers would have told them to come inside out of the weather.;D ;D ;D

What a crazy way to make a living.:o

finga
05-06-2007, 06:12 AM
At one stage I saw a guy climbing into one of those big traps....You'd have to be flamin' nuts to do that!!
Good movie. I've never seen before.
Ta matey :)

And thanks for the stills Saurian. Yep, the amount of water in that second picture is mindboggling.
You must have a good collection of pictures matey as you seem to pull a pearler out every-now-and-again. :o
Cheers Scott :)

wessel
05-06-2007, 04:45 PM
Now those are some serious swells.....

In the first season of the Deadliest Catch there was a clip of the guys doing some "hang time". They stand at the forecastle and jump into the air every time the bow of the boat clears a swell crest and hurtles itself down the back of the greenie. Those guys did some freefalling of almost two seconds where they would be a good 4 feet off the deck just hanging there before being smacked down hard when the boat reaches the bottom of the swell...... Talk about some at risk behaviour and health and safety concerns.....not!

You can not pay me enough to do that job, sorry...

Wessel

MyWay
05-06-2007, 11:04 PM
Now those are some serious swells.....

In the first season of the Deadliest Catch there was a clip of the guys doing some "hang time". They stand at the forecastle and jump into the air every time the bow of the boat clears a swell crest and hurtles itself down the back of the greenie. Those guys did some freefalling of almost two seconds where they would be a good 4 feet off the deck just hanging there before being smacked down hard when the boat reaches the bottom of the swell...... Talk about some at risk behaviour and health and safety concerns.....not!

You can not pay me enough to do that job, sorry...

Wessel

i think i saw this on tv and thay make (boat) something like $200.000 us.
and it is fishing for this crabs only for two weeks and 2 of 10 boats did not cam back
as you say wessel ...you can not pay me enough to do this job
i love fishing and sea but sorry not me
cheers no_luck

russ81
05-06-2007, 11:14 PM
Hows it going guys
You couldn't pay me enough money to get me out in those seas it boggles the mind how violent the deep blue can be. I saw one episode where the boat took a rouge wave flank on and it knocked it on its side.
Russ

Lovey80
05-06-2007, 11:42 PM
If the weather was that bad anywhere i wouldnt leave my bed let alone go into the ocean where icebergs a re lurking. Give me the Sunny coast any day lol