PDA

View Full Version : Fishing borders.

agroace16
04-06-2007, 03:03 PM
Gday guys. Iv been in the tweed area lately visiting few rellos, so naturally took the rods. Iv been hearing good rapps bout trevors at the tweed and was keen. but being a MAROONer i dont have a NSW license. a bloke i work with reckons ya can fish the mouth of the tweed on the QLD side with out a license. any truth to this or is the QLD NSW fishing border the same as the state border.

ta fellas

finga
04-06-2007, 03:45 PM
That'll be pushing the friendship a bit I'd reckon as the border isn't on the bank of the river. Who knows were it is since the surveying was done all those years ago.
They may not get you for fishing without a license but why take the risk.
A license is cheap as to buy.
As a side line be also aware of the different bag limits and size limits. Go the smaller of the two and play safe.

finga
04-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Actually the mouth of the Tweed is in NSW by a country mile so you'd get busted for sure.

samson
04-06-2007, 04:01 PM
They'd nail ya but fishing the tweed inshore off the rocks and river is half cost of a normal licence as its so close to the border they should do that for the offshore guys aswell. Mind you being this end of NSW we don't see anything in return for our licences other than a new boat for fisheries to come and fine you for not having your licence, surposed to help the fishery not fatten their wallets.

Raesen
04-06-2007, 04:51 PM
The guys who have replied are correct. Its in NSW and you need a licence. You can get them from bait shops and some servo's on the river and they only cost a few bucks per day. Don't know that I agree but that's the law.

You must remember after the flogging we gave the "Blue's" the other week, ;D no form of apologising or grovelling will help if you are caught out by the fisho patrols.

Cheers
Pete

stark
05-06-2007, 06:35 PM
Been down there and have seen the NSW Fish Inspectors at the boat ramp.

Don't think you would get off with a warning-expect a fine. The licence is cheap enough so that won't wash as a reason.

Cheers
John