PDA

View Full Version : 1947 fishing secret -- Scam???

Tony_N
04-06-2007, 08:50 AM
Anybody know anything about this adverised on the buoyweather site?

http://www.saltwaterfishingweapon.com/deal/1/

cheers

Tony

finga
04-06-2007, 09:26 AM
Crikey Tony, I fell asleep just reading it.
I reckon the secret weapons a light (a very expensive light and all) dangled in the water.
Cheers Scott :)

Tony_N
04-06-2007, 09:41 AM
Hey Scott - I know what you mean about it being a bit tedious to read through. In fact I scanned it so quickly that I didn't sus it was a light - but that would explain why it is only appropriate for nightime fishing. I don't think I'll be sending any cash to the States for this one (though I could use a bit of help with my catch rate at the moment)

cheers

Tony

Kiktz
04-06-2007, 01:18 PM
Yeah well I think I like to spend my money a lil better than that.
I think I am with you boys on this one.

A bad on the water is better than a good day at work.........

Aj

the gecko
04-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Its a blacklight, presumably to hilite UV rays.
see http://www.articlecity.com/articles/recreation_and_sports/article_683.shtml

This guys seems to be an expert on catfish and carp, so we should all take him very seriously :-) I really need more catfish.

cheers
Andrew

ashh
04-06-2007, 05:11 PM
if it is just a blacklight its a bloody expensive one.
I actually fell for it and signed up on his e-mail list 'to get more information' and was just inundated with more useless dribble like in that first link.
From what I gather it something to do with attracting microscopic plankton close to your boat, which then attracts the small baitfish, which then attracts the fish you want to catch.......I put him on my junk e-mail list and really I think its just hyped up BS. ;)

lee8sec
04-06-2007, 05:58 PM
He was "only" going to sell 200 of them, things must be slow because he's been at it for over 12 months. Leigh

disorderly
04-06-2007, 06:18 PM
He was "only" going to sell 200 of them, things must be slow because he's been at it for over 12 months. Leigh

He's probably just environmentally conscience and only wants to let a select few onto the "secret".Otherwise the planets fish stocks would be gone in no time with such a revolutionary fish catching devise.
Seriously though,even if there was such a devise to have fish jumping into your boat,would you really want it?
For me the challenge is every trip trying to do better than the last,seeking advise and trying to learn more skills about boating, fishing, the weather and the ocean.
The fish are just the reward.

Scott

tunaticer
04-06-2007, 06:19 PM
This product he is selling is a green flouro nothing more nothing less I have been looking at buying a hundred 10mm green LEDs from ebay for about ten bucks and stringing them and setting them in clear resin to see if hes crapping on or not.

I think tho that green lights do attract fish a lot more than white lights.
If anyone remembers the old redcliffe jetty with the mesh flooring they will have noticed the NE corner had a green flouro marker light. That light at night had a lot of baitfish and predators alike hanging around it esp during winter when i would try and get close to it chasing squid. Anyone fishing there will definitely get better results than under the white lights.
That's why im giving it a go with the green LEDs making a submersible light i cam put under my boat for squidding.

Jack

gone_fishing
04-06-2007, 07:02 PM
probably not a silly idea dangling a light in the water as sugested always find fish around lights a t wharves etc
if you give it go sell it lol
my mate soaks ear plugs in tuna oil and uses them as a lure low and behold he catches fish

-BEN-spear or line
04-06-2007, 07:15 PM
ive seen people use fluros to lure squid to their boats and stuff might work for big palagics lol might lure a big squid then a huge marlin comes and eats the squid haha lol

rabbi
04-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Hi Tony,
Yeah it's a fish catching tool marketed by a fish catching tool. Did I get that right??

shaman
04-06-2007, 07:44 PM
when living in N.S.W. i rigged up some prawning lights (fluros) that stuck out both sides of the boat and created a huge halo of light which were unreal for scoop-netting. The fish, big whiting & flathead would sit outside the halo of light and ambush prawns as they passed through the light, absolutely screaming through the light and straight under the boat, awesome stuff. We would chuck on a live prawn and as soon as it sank a foot it would get smashed dragging the rod tip under the boat, unbelievable speed. We found that only above average size fish would behave in this manner, doesn't get any better than that !!! Average catch after you got sick of prawning would be about 20-25 elbow slapping whiting & 20 or so huge lizards and the odd horse bream, add to that a few fishboxes of prawns and 4or 5 blueswimmers that we would spotlight and you had a killer feed back at the camp......

choppa
04-06-2007, 08:33 PM
i dunno the scientific methods behind white light or green,,, but the late father in law had a simple method which worked much the same as shaman's post

he would rig a glass jar with a hole in the top,, just large enough to pass some speaker wire through,,, and solder a 12 volt light bulb to it,,,place a bit of lead in the bottom to allow it to sink,,, silicone the lid to the jar,,,silicone the hole,,,,and run it straight to the battery,,,(tie a knot in the wire to stop it pulling through)

hang a few of these over the side of the boat and you'll be surprised what comes up for a bo peep,,,

use to work a treat,,, best of all,,, cheap,,, and easily replaced

choppa

mickc
04-06-2007, 09:34 PM
What about the oldtimers in about the forties that used a hurrica lamp and rowed along the bank so the mullet would jump into the boat. Even cheapa still .

Mick

finga
05-06-2007, 08:09 AM
Anybody wanting to try it out??
Just on Sunday I gave my brother a white one 6' one to see if squidly comes up to it.
These come in lots of colours and the price....well just remember to send me the difference ;)

http://www.besthongkong.com/index.php?cPath=21&osCsid=bec10fa024adc7c7c6ce5f0823baf076

lee8sec
06-06-2007, 04:18 PM
I have on my hard drive of my main computer, thats crashed, a patent search that has some interesting items on it. Will post it when i get a new mother board. Leigh

lee8sec
06-06-2007, 04:27 PM
While we are at it, has any one tried one of these, http://www.makomagnet.com/
Have read abit about them on US sites but would like to hear from some one that has actually used one. No reason they wouldn't work if you had the correct tone & frequency. Leigh