PDA

View Full Version : Deep Water Bend Boat Ramp Parking???

Obi _ Wan
03-06-2007, 07:37 PM
Well, i guess a lot of you Ausfishers have seen my previous posts and posts from others regarding the car parking habits of persons either picnicing or fishing with out a boat at this location and their lack of consideration of others by parking in the rigging zone. Today it was on again, we had just returned from a great mornings fishing up the Pine, both my son and i, each, scored our first Jewfish on soft plastic, mine 55cm. and my sons was 50cm, both are now swimming back in the Pine. Anyway we get back to the ramp, not bad, not a lot of boats out so not that long to wait, but there they were all very snuggly parked in the rigging zone and another parked under the tree at the head of the ramp, this makes it awkward to get around the corner. ol mate Kev (Kingtin) would not be able to get around with his Whitley. I did not say anything but i was thinking what am i going to do, as i have stated before, i have been in contact with the local Councillor, about the crazy parking and security. She came back to me and said that the local law said there was no problem!
I need ammo i thought, so out comes the digital camera, i walk over and start taking pictures of the cars parked in the rigging zone, in no time there were heads popping up from the picnic tables watching me. As i walked to the car to drive out two people got into two of the cars and moved them, guess where? to where they should have been in the first place.
My son, said, Well you gotta be happy with that! I won't post the pic's here, i will be forwarding them on to the councillor as proof that people don't park where they should.

Cheers,
Obi_Wan
PS. WE WERE ALSO BLOWN AWAY BY THE AMOUNT OF RUBBISH THAT HAD BEEN LEFT ON THE PONTOONS BY, SORRY TO SAY, FISHERMEN, I HOPE THEY WERE NOT AUSFISHERS. DRINK BOTTLES, PLASTIC BAGS AND OTHER CRAP, BLOODY DISGUSTING!!!!

russ81
03-06-2007, 09:44 PM
Hows it going obi
I know exactly what you are talking about in regards to DWB there has been many a time where i have lost my cool as such i no longer launch from there unless absolutely necessary but thanks for the idea i will now keep my camera on hand whenever i use these facilities
Cheers
Russ

juju
04-06-2007, 12:04 PM
Back in the old days there was a house and bait shop, leased by the council, also there were hire boats there....the ramp should have went in there and kept bait shop as well..could have easily divided the ramp/carpark from the rest of the reserve area...would have provided some security for parked cars too.....the guy that had the bait shop used to chase and troublemakers as well.....it was allot more family friendly in those days as well....sure there were no fancy pontoons and so on.....but it used to be nice sitting under the big gum trees........was even better way back before they dumped the bricks and it was still mud banks.....god that was a long long time ago now.....