PDA

View Full Version : My New Vagabond

Captain Seaweed
03-06-2007, 06:05 PM
Hello Everyone, I use to be on this forum some time ago but cant access my old name "REEFRAIDER_II" so I am flying under my new name...Captain Seaweed which my mates recon suits as this is all I put them on....But now with my new boat I hope to do better.

Its a 2000 Seafarer Vagabond with twin 115 Jonos. I am getting back into fishing now and will always be keen for a day out if anyone else needs a partner boat.
I am currently looking for a good name for it so any ideas will be great.

Marty

bay_firey
03-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Very nice looking rig MArty
You should get onot more than seaweed with that

Wahoo
03-06-2007, 06:29 PM
hi ya Marty, welcome back, the new boat is looking sweet well done

Daz

Chimo
03-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Hi Marty

What made you buy one of them?

Cheers
Chimo

Captain Seaweed
03-06-2007, 06:45 PM
looking forward to some M&G and catching up to long lost time in the bay and outside. I had to sell the old boat to build a house. NEVER AGAIN even though I ended up with a better boat...Oh well can olny learn

Marty

Thanks for the replies

Captain Seaweed
03-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Hello Pete,
I was originally after a Haines Patriot but I started doing a little homework and could find anything negative about them. I looked at a couple in a yard and stumbled accross this one and was impressed as far as dollars / value. I also found them to be a solid boat with a long reputation. I will know after 6 months if I made the right decision. What is your opinion on them?

Wayne_Red
03-06-2007, 08:34 PM
Nice boat there Marty.
How about Martys Machine
Regards Wayne

ozscott
04-06-2007, 08:36 AM
Mate - I have a 70's Vagabond with a single Yammy 115 (93 model) and 21 degree deadrise from stem to stern. I have done a lot to it uncluding Bennett Sport tabs, and I love it....took it out the other day early on the bay in a white cap beam sea and ran from cleveland to Mud that way in a solid 10-12 knot wind and she performed beautifully. I have had it in worse conditions in head seas and again, tremendous machine - very predictable and stable. I will comfortably do 50+ kph through metre high bay chop. I am sure that you will love your machine. I think the later ones like yours changed design to have a finer entry and about 20-21 degrees at the stern - Pete would know the specs.

Cheers

Captain Seaweed
04-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Thanks Ozscott, so far I am very happy with her and look forward to more trips. I did a little homework and I think they are one of the most solid boats made. I installed a new radio in it and had a really good look at everything and I cant fault the craftsmanship. It has been built very solid.