PDA

View Full Version : Cunningham Open Day

Seahorse
02-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Went down there this morn. Bit dissappointing. No fishing displays and they dont even sell any fishing gear.
All there was , were boats, same boats that i guess they always sell. Dave Downie was there but not doing anything.
I thought just little dissappointing.

greg

charleville
02-06-2007, 05:02 PM
I think that I went there last year at a similar event and came away likewise thinking that it was a non-event also. :(

indy
02-06-2007, 06:02 PM
Thats just cunningham marine in general a bit disappointing.

No thats being too nice disappointing just dosn't describe them.

Seahorse
02-06-2007, 06:04 PM
i suppose if one was keen to buy then maybe there were deals but they only had the prices on the larger glass boats. i didnt see any prices on any of the tinnies. the 5.4 met trailcraft looked good but who knows what it was worth.
it was nothing like the sundown marine or northside marine days.
before i bought my stacer i went to their old yard and talked to their salesman and thats why i now have a stacer.
the same thing happened when i bought my first tinnie.

thelump
04-06-2007, 03:02 PM
I thought the free beer was good and the fishcakes were quite nice but the boats were over priced. Seahorse. the trailcraft was 47k. the second hand one was 39.

Seahorse
04-06-2007, 05:05 PM
thanks lump. free beer? food was ok. free hat. but at end of day still was suppossed to be open day. but hey each to their own. i guess some people enjoyed it and hope they scored some good deals. i must have missed the prices.

cheers
greg

fez
04-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Yeah I went for a look as well, bought a spare bung and some heat shrink would have come to about $8 but got a discount and paid only $5,:thumbsup: not a bad discount rate, however I don't think it would have transfered to any of the larger say $200K craft they had sitting in their yard;D ;D ;D

Not much of an open day though, salesmen were showing more interest in each other. Didn't really expect too much more after going to their oldshowroom when looking at purchasing my new boat.

Cheers,
Fez

Seahorse
04-06-2007, 05:40 PM
i must agree that they do seem to be a different breed. i often go to sundown and on occassions northside. they are both very helpful. i went to their old shop when buying both my boats and when they rubbish the opposition i think thats enough for me.