PDA

View Full Version : Slightly Damaged Propeller, quick question.

Nicko
01-06-2007, 11:52 PM
Hey, I ran into a bit of shallow ground tonight which was hard sand/mud im quite sure and after getting out of the shallows, I checked my propeller to see it hadn't taken much damage. Infact 2 of the blades were A-OK pretty much apart from lost paint but just the 3rd blade was slightly worn down on the very tip of the prop.

Do you think this minor inconsistency will affect the ride?

Hope you can help me out.

Blackened
01-06-2007, 11:57 PM
G'day

Is it an alloy prop? It'd have to be with paint missing.

What size engine?

Chances are there's nothing to worry about.

Dave

finga
02-06-2007, 05:28 AM
Yep, agree with Dave pending amount worn off.
If you can't see any deep scrap marks or there are no bits missing it should be okkie dokkie
Lost paint is a way of life in the bay. :)

Nowhere Bob
02-06-2007, 06:43 AM
If you havn't been aground, you havn't been around.
When you see some of the mangled pretzle shaped things the pros use before replacing you wouldnt be worried.
If it bugs you whip the prop off, use taps with a hammer & a file to trim her up.
Bit of paint & away you go.
Personally I think a shiny dinged prop gives you cred.

honda900
02-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Niko,

Performance props in bulimba had a look at mine when I touched it up one morning, for $50.00 they cleaned up a small nick and checked all blades were running true, gave me a 3 page report on the prop, was very impressed with the services..

Regards
Honda

Fish Guts
02-06-2007, 11:13 AM
If you havn't been aground, you havn't been around.
When you see some of the mangled pretzle shaped things the pros use before replacing you wouldnt be worried.
If it bugs you whip the prop off, use taps with a hammer & a file to trim her up.
Bit of paint & away you go.
Personally I think a shiny dinged prop gives you cred.

credibility of not knowing the tides and where your going !

Nicko
02-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Yeah, the prop blades aren't bent, just one is a lil worn. I think it should be fine, thanks for your posts.