PDA

View Full Version : Plate Boat Builders

SHARKY
01-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Hi I am looking for a boat builder for a 6m plate center console. This boat will be very personalised so someone who will work with me to design and fitout the boat is needed, any ideas.

Wahoo
01-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Hi I am looking for a boat builder for a 6m plate center console. This boat will be very personalised so someone who will work with me to design and fitout the boat is needed, any ideas.

hi Sharky
i just had a 6.1m center console plate boat built, and ATM fitting it out myself ( not finished yet)
the boat was built by Scott Berkley at Bluewater boats, one of the easiest guys to talk and deal with, really might pay and give him a call and have a chat

Daz

Wahoo
01-06-2007, 09:12 PM
i should of asked first what area you from:-/

Daz

crazboutfishin
01-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Sharky,

You cant go past Fisher Boats and although i must sound like a salesman for them because i reccomend them every time this type of question comes up. but we have just recieved our new 680 Centre Cab are totally rapped. it does everything we want. i strongly reccomand them.

Cheers
Crazy

Greg P
01-06-2007, 10:58 PM
I'll 2nd that Crazy ;)8-):P

What happened to your mudguard :-X::)

chris_s
02-06-2007, 12:42 PM
There are many builders about which all do a great job. I am currently having one (platey) put together now. Before deciding on who to go with i did a lot of homework and shopping around, looking at designs, qaulity of workmanship and finish. I spoke to alot of people in the know and to those with various boats and also to bloke who was building it, to get his thoughts on things. That is why i went with a Riptide. Each to their own but by all means do look around.

crazboutfishin
02-06-2007, 01:51 PM
I'll 2nd that Crazy ;)8-):P

What happened to your mudguard :-X::)

hahaha long story.
lol

Cheers
Crazy

Tassie JR
02-06-2007, 08:09 PM
fisher or riptide mate both great looking boats.(nice mudguard crazy)

cheers tassie JR

revs57
03-06-2007, 04:59 AM
I'll stick my hand up for the Riptide mate! Wouldn't change a thing now I've got the fuel economy sorted with the Yam 4 stroker and that was nothing to do with the boat. Best Damn thing I've ever been on the water in and very well finished and set up! Check them out at www.riptidealloyboats.com.au

Cheers
Rhys

oldie
03-06-2007, 08:43 AM
Id talk to Fischer boats, after reading the tall blond article on ausfish, they seem to be able to work well with there clients and the end product looks great, I love the bar Crushers the sharp entry and general shape make em look like fishing machines also very stable and strong, Go the 4stroke option good fuel low noise more torque, Yamaha 115hp 4stroke perfect for 6.1m platey, otherwise try an etec, talking with ex Haines Hunter head of sales, no working running navaco in oz, swears by Etec motors, even after using yamies for last 5 years?? i love the yamies, not that ive got one (old v490hp Evinrude) but having sold em for 4 years and experiencing no warranty issues with anyone of my customers. Good Luck
Oldie

Camo
03-06-2007, 09:05 AM
Why don't ya go and talk to Quintrex, they're really helpful. Just kidding, I guess if you're a local to SE QLD go and talk to Col at Fisher. I haven't heard any bad reports about him or his product. Judging by the feedback from people on this site he is very customer orientated, and the prices are comparable to other manufacturers. I have no connection to Fisher in anyway and don't own a Fisher boat, yet. My next boat will probably be one, I've already decided on the style and colour, just waiting for the minister for war and finance to give me the go ahead.

Camo

Fish Guts
03-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Sharky,

You cant go past Fisher Boats and although i must sound like a salesman for them because i reccomend them every time this type of question comes up. but we have just recieved our new 680 Centre Cab are totally rapped. it does everything we want. i strongly reccomand them.

Cheers
Crazy

i think that picture speaks for itself. lovely looking boat. must agree the threads posted in regards to that fisher getting built it did emphasise the customisation of each boat to the customers needs. thumbs up !

Lovey80
03-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Not sure where your at but before deciding on what you want it may pay to go for a drive down yamba way. There's a plate boat builder down there thats getting a lot of good reports called "Jopalo". There was a feature in the NSW fishing monthly March edition that gave them a big wrap. Im sure you could find a copy of the article on the net some where. The one featured was a 5.5 with a 90 HP Suzuki on it. They have a site: www.jopaloboats.com (http://www.jopaloboats.com)

happly hunting

Cheers Chris

builder
04-06-2007, 08:11 PM
if you want to get really personalised brumbs marine and australian boat building sevices are the the people that have a range of hulls, and wil accomadate the design that you need ...you can contact on 0755649082 or brumbsmarine@bigpond.com.au
cheers builder

Big G
04-06-2007, 10:42 PM
I have been reading the replys to your request with interest. The alloy boats recomended sound good..... but if you want a personalised plate boat that is value for money, a builder who works with you 110% and a boat that will perform as good and better than the others you must call Jason at offshore marine master.
I know he builds 6m. 4mm plate mono hulls that are purpose built offshore fishing boats.... inclusions such as flooded kill tanks, positive flotation, self draining hull, live bait tank and built in porta pottie etc etc are all standard items. www.offshoremarinemaster.com.au (http://www.offshoremarinemaster.com.au)
See his website www.offshoremarinemaster.com.au (http://www.offshoremarinemaster.com.au) and tell him Big G sent you...should save you a few $.

SHARKY
05-06-2007, 06:13 PM
Thanks wery much for your replies. I am in SE queensland and was just seeing if I had overlooked any builders in my search. Fisher looks good but dont know if I want to wait as long as the list seems to be.

Fishbone
05-06-2007, 07:15 PM
Sharky;

There is a reason the waiting list for Fishers is so long, it's because those people who do their homework and know what they want are prepared to wait to get it. There are a lot of good boats around but only some of them will suit what you want, do heaps of research, the answer will become obvious in the end. Purchase in haste, repent at leisure..

chainsaw
05-06-2007, 08:05 PM
OK Sharky can't hold back. If you want to look atround at plate builders then look at this. http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=19267

And then look at this link as well, http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=21192

need I say more? ::)

Wahoo
06-06-2007, 12:24 PM
OK Sharky can't hold back. If you want to look atround at plate builders then look at this. http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=19267

And then look at this link as well, http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=21192

need I say more? ::)

Mark does a very nice job on his boats i must say, but to ban a few members on that forum for speaking out is a bit petty, just ask LGF

Daz

pilchardjones
06-06-2007, 01:14 PM
i always recommend the plate builder i used for my 6m.
www.goldstarboats.com.au (http://www.goldstarboats.com.au)

very easy to deal with, incorporated every little change and wish i had, with no problems at all.
WA based builder, but freight was relatively cheap.
steve

juju
06-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Whats a wait ...if you get what you want on a quality hull....

gleeeza
06-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Yes the wait is painful!!! but well worth it in the end. Fisher are great to work with if you know what you want.

Col as I found out has been in the game for a long time and has traded down from producing larger vessels which in my opinion is a distinct bonus.

One other thing to consider is that when throwing untried ideas around and friggin with a tried and proven design then you have to accept that some of our best ideas just wont work on some boats. If it works out good, but if not then who takes the flak??? Some yes men don't have your best interest at heart, it's all about the sale.

Good luck with it, worrying about who is going to build your boat is a good quality problem I reckon.

Gleeeza

Bonus
28-07-2007, 08:23 PM
Jason from Offshore Marine Master is building me a 6.3 metre plate alloy boat at the moment. This hull has 5mm bottom 4mm sides and 5mm transom. Deadrise is 17 degrees and the hull has sharp entry. Jason is easy going and full of inovative ideas. His prices are very sharp and his workmanship is excellent. If you are in the market for a new plate boat I would recommend Offshore Marine Master.
Bonus