PDA

View Full Version : Somewhat-new Member

ashleyhj74
01-06-2007, 03:02 PM
G'day all, i've been here for a while but havent got around to introducing myself. I'm from Geelong, Vic. I own a Spearfish 21 centre console/cab. 200hp Yamaha, furuno gps/sounder, custom clears (due to Geelong being a cold-ass place to own a centre-console :D ), with all the other good bits one needs (and doesnt need, but has). I dont use it anywhere near as much as i should/would like to, but thats life i guess.
Over the past few months i have been contemplateing selling it and getting a cat of some sort. But yeah, i like my Spearfish. The only "issues" i have with it are that is a 2-stroke (granted, its alright on fuel for the amount i use it), and the trailer needs break-away brakes. And for the $20-30,000(+) it'll cost me to upgrade them, i was thinkin of tipping it into a new rig. Still very much undecided on that. Either that, or getting another smaller boat for river/lake work. And that'd be a Spearfish 15. Yeah i've read all the posts about the "issues" they have. Yes i still want one cause they look awesome ;D .
Anyway, enough of my ramblings.
Cheers
Ash

russ81
01-06-2007, 03:09 PM
Hows it going mate

Hows Port Phillip Bay fishing these days I dont envy fishing out in the cold down there.
I know where your coming from with the two stroke i have a 140HP V6 Merc and it chews the juice like theres no tomorrow. I have looked at upgrading to a four stroke suzuki but cant afford the $14000 at the moment
Russ

ashleyhj74
01-06-2007, 04:56 PM
G'day Russ, yeah the bay is alright. Good snapper season (not that i had the time/money to get out much, shit happens haha), whiting is goin alright too. Dont recall the last time i caught a flathead, times have changed from when we previously had a boat years ago thats for sure. I must admit, i'm suprised at what fuel it does use (my 200, its not as bad as i was expecting, thats for sure, nowhere near it), but of course a 4-stroke would be better. Especially when you take into account u dont need to buy oil/etc/etc. But, i'm happy........for now ;) haha

Tassie JR
02-06-2007, 08:44 PM
welcome mate guess you betta move up the the warmer climates of the sunny coast and get that spearfish into some more action.

cheers tassie JR

ashleyhj74
03-06-2007, 10:25 AM
We just came back from a week in QLD, flew up unfortunately. Friends live right on a canal up there.....and the only boat they own is a 3mtr tinny. I would've loved to go for a cruise around up there in the Spearfish.