PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean 26

bastard
30-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Has any won ripped out the down stairs steering and fitted a cubicle shower and toilet,any ideas would be great.Thanks

SnapHead101
01-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Whilst my 28 ft cat is a totally different type of boat, I've had a similar issue. Initially my toilet was above floor in a conventional box, however I've now had it sunk into one sponson and a box built above it. This makes it a step down toilet , however you can put tackle boxes etc on top. Eventually when I no longer use it for family cruising but fishing I will remove the box on top of the floor, fit a hatch that is flush with the floor so the toilet doesn't intrude at all into the cockpit. I'll then have a screen attached to the roof (maybe like a pulldown blind) for privacy ... I saw something similar to this on a pontoon boat.
You should have quite a bit of space in your hull for this sort of thing. Just be sure to have the necessary loops that are above sealevel in your saltwater intake to prevent flooding !!

captain rednut
01-06-2007, 11:53 PM
yes bastard go to scarborough marina now and on the fuel dock is a boat builder doing one and check it out thats the secone one ive seen done thanks jim