PDA

View Full Version : Recipe for Calstar GT popping rod?

scuttlebutt
26-05-2007, 03:16 PM
I've ordered a Calstar GF700H that I'm going to build for GT popping using 60lb braid on the reef.

Just wandering if anyone's had experience with this blank and can offer any proven recipe's or advice when setting it up (guide size/spacing, grips etc).

I've made a few rods before though far from an expert. Looking at keeping it at 7ft and it will be teamed up with my Stella 8000.

cheers,

steve

lbgmike
24-06-2007, 05:02 PM
gday steve

i have a gf700h built up as my 24kg lbg stick teamed with my 50w, have run some solid pressure through it on some beasties and sunset drag, i reckon it has a good action and really light, would be a sweet casting rod too, sorry i cant add more

cheers

mick

Pistol_P
24-06-2007, 06:50 PM
I've ordered a Calstar GF700H that I'm going to build for GT popping using 60lb braid on the reef.

Just wandering if anyone's had experience with this blank and can offer any proven recipe's or advice when setting it up (guide size/spacing, grips etc).

I've made a few rods before though far from an expert. Looking at keeping it at 7ft and it will be teamed up with my Stella 8000.

cheers,

steve

Mate try www.#########.com.au (http://www.#########.com.au)
The boys on there will be able to help you.

Pete

scuttlebutt
24-06-2007, 09:22 PM
thanks fellas, she's all done now, just waiting for some decent weather to try and get a curve in it.

steve