PDA

View Full Version : Sanctuary Cove Boat Show

PinHead
24-05-2007, 06:24 PM
We had a pleasant day strolling around the boat show today. Plenty of great boats for sale there to cater for most tastes. There is some serious grunt on the back of some of the fishing rigs and also some great cruisers on show.
We met up with chimo for a chat, lunch and a few cool ales. A very pleasant day indeed.

PinHead
24-05-2007, 06:25 PM
a couple more pics

sid_fishes
24-05-2007, 06:32 PM
greg dont you ever work??mate dont know the make of the last pic but shit it,s ugly. but seeing as i have freebie tickets i,m trying for saturday cheers ian

PinHead
24-05-2007, 06:44 PM
me work? only about 60 to 70 hours minimum a week..I was up at 2am today organising things before I went. That last pic may look ugly on the outside but the space inside being a 36' boat is amazing.

craigie
24-05-2007, 06:56 PM
Pinhead,

I'd have to splash a bit of Mullet Gut on it to give it that "Homely" feel (& smell) !!

Are you contemplating an upgrade ?????

Heading to to Tiger Mullet for an overnighter this Saturday, I believe those silver spikey things are making an early appearance.

Cheers
Craigie.

Thanks for whacking the pics up for those of us they may not get to see them in the Flesh/Gelcoat !!

PinHead
24-05-2007, 07:01 PM
craigie..on the upgrade - perhaps..but also may just add a couple of items to the existing boat...decisions, decisions.

as for the spiky things, I am contemplating a go at them at my usual winter spot next Thursday night...will let you know how I go.

craigie
24-05-2007, 07:06 PM
Hmm........I would be very interested to hear your results.
I'll be down tiger Mullet way on that same evening, we can compare notes over a few beers at the M&G.

ozscott
24-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Hi Pin...I am going to head out to Mud tomorrow unless this front moves in quicker than they say in which case I will change plans and head to the Pin....I will keep an eye out for your beast.

Cheers

Wyoming
25-05-2007, 09:44 AM
a couple more pics
So Greg, the bloke in the back looks like he is arguing the price....right?

PinHead
25-05-2007, 02:30 PM
So Greg, the bloke in the back looks like he is arguing the price....right?

lol...nope..I think he was ordering a coffee.

Fish Guts
25-05-2007, 03:44 PM
how much is admission pinhead ?

Chimo
25-05-2007, 03:47 PM
Hi FishG

Cost is $21 adult including bus from Parklands (free to park at Parklands)

Or Helicopter from Parklands $80 each way plus $21 to get in

Food as usual is dear .

Cheers
Chimo

theoldlegend
25-05-2007, 04:42 PM
Hey Pinhead and Chimo,

Youse mob bought anything yet? I liked the piccy of the thingy with the 3 x 275 HP outboards, but was wondering where the fuel would be stored. I guess it (the fuel) wouldn't have a chance to get stale.

Greg, I think I should be there with you to add a bit of class to the joint, and just to get up the shirtlifters who are selling the stuff and to perv on the adornments.

Mind you, if they had an outfit with the Breaka Girls adorning the outfit and cavorting on the said outfit, then I suppose I could rake up $500K max. No more. They would have to cavort all the time though, while I took piccys, for that sort of folding stuff.

Well, maybe just a bit more.

Then I would be requested to leave home.

TOL

Chimo
25-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Hey TOL

Didn't buy too much apart for food and drink but found a nice little cat (originally designed for the navy) with a couple of 90s I'm probably going to try out next week.

The jet ski girls have become a disappointment as they are into shorts etc instead of the previous bikini gear. They reckon they were getting burnt, I didn't quite understand what they mean't by that??

Cheers
Chimo

I think the Pinhead will have disappeared into the vault for the weekend so might have to stay tuned for the next update!

theoldlegend
25-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Yes Chimo,

He's very quiet isn't he? Does that mean that he's up to no good?

Or does it mean that he's going to come up with something that will blow everybody away? Hmmmmm, the mind boggles, doesn't it?

On another matter, are you up for another GOM bizzo in the future? I'm really getting worse, and I need a forum of like minded geniuses (or should that be geniui, plural) and smart people to express my frustrations, winges and all things in general.

Talking to blokes like yourself really help me to feel better, you know. That's because we're all very smart and we can solve things. Not everybody can do that. Except us GOM.

TOL

Chimo
25-05-2007, 07:24 PM
Hey TOL

As an "Apprentice Lifestyle Consultant" GOM, AM; I'm here to help.:D

Another GOM session is always on the cards as far as I'm concerned. We could probably bring our own hooks in case we have leftovers so we don't have to rely on others; I'm sure he's as sick of that running gag as we are;) Besides thanks to LP there are other things to get distracted on such as fallowing the Gold banks for a crop of salt tollerant something or other?

Did you plan on doing the boat show thing? There is some good stuff to look at.

I reckon one of these; with or without the breaka gal; would be cool for towing a lure without any noise http://www.aquaglide.net/multisport_overview.cfm With a fleet we could do GOM races ::)

Chimo

PinHead
25-05-2007, 10:30 PM
Hey TOL

Didn't buy too much apart for food and drink but found a nice little cat (originally designed for the navy) with a couple of 90s I'm probably going to try out next week.

The jet ski girls have become a disappointment as they are into shorts etc instead of the previous bikini gear. They reckon they were getting burnt, I didn't quite understand what they mean't by that??

Cheers
Chimo

I think the Pinhead will have disappeared into the vault for the weekend so might have to stay tuned for the next update!

not exactly in the vault but got home at 10pm tonight from working in a bank and back again at 7am tomorrow...does that count????

Chimo
26-05-2007, 07:54 AM
Hey Pin

A little mystery is always good, especially when it comes to banks / vaults / boats / ie new or otherwise!

Did you get a sample bag at least?

Chimo

maztez
27-05-2007, 07:11 AM
Unfortunately I live in the bloody flight path for those choppers taxiing people to the boat show .Have been working midnite shifts and with the noise those blaskets generate I havnt had a hope of getting any snooze time some atm Im a walking zombie .Be glad when the ripoff show is over .
cheers Terry