PDA

View Full Version : fishing under the pump

Sneazer
24-05-2007, 12:18 PM
A lady had 30min to catch any fish for 10k this morning for a competion nova 106.9 was running. She was fishing somewhere on the brisbane river, i think it was around bulimbah, and had no idea about fishing. She didn't catch a thing in half in hour and missed out on the 10k. Poor lady.

Be keen to know how people would have fished in that half an hour considering that the 10k was up for grabs and only needed 1 fish. She was given soft plastics, prawns and pipies and 3 rods. Would you have crumbled under the pressure?

Ever been under the pump to perform when fishing?

Cheers

Sneaz

B_E_N
24-05-2007, 12:36 PM
lol all the time when you talk a good spot up and show a mate, always ends up that the day i was by myself was the day when the fish wer there aswell.

for that 10k i would have used only the prawns and seen if there was any small bream around, no need in going for keepers unless they tell you so! and there always seems to be little bream around.

roydsy
24-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Yep, peeled prawns and baby bream would have got you some 10k.... 30 mins, blimey thats heaps of time with 3 rods.

Was it set location or pick a spot on the river?

Sneazer
24-05-2007, 12:53 PM
it was a set location - off a jetty i think...

SgBFish
24-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Cast net would do the job.

kingtin
24-05-2007, 01:21 PM
it was a set location - off a jetty i think...

Plenty of vermin in the brizzy river..............methinks I would've won 10k ;D

No problems there for anybody who's had one of those days when the pickers just wouldn't leave you alone. If you think about it, how easy can it be?.................size 8 or 10 hook and a bit of prawn right under the jetty.............bingo!..........a toady within 10 seconds! ;D

kev

juju
24-05-2007, 01:31 PM
You would think for sure that there would have to be something under the jetty...anything

shayned
24-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Did someone say catfish??????

B_E_N
24-05-2007, 01:51 PM
yeh always is something under a jetty or near mangroves, used to sit in my cubby house built in the mangroves with a dodgy old fishing rod, no reel just line tied onto the tip with a small gar hook and sum bread, fishing the high tide for bream always caught atleast 30 bream, small ones but always ended up with a nice big one, and when your surrounded by mangroves in shallow water with only a piece of line on the end it sure gets fun trying to get them in!!

Sneazer
24-05-2007, 03:22 PM
strange things happen when your under the pump, it may sound easy... but time is ticking away and slowly you would start to panic... you'd probably keep stabbing your self with the hook while trying to bait up, go to cast and throw a bad cast, and throw the prawn away or get snagged on something... i don't know if i would back myself to catch something in half and hr when under the pump... but i'd give it a go and have all 3 rods out...

SWANY22
24-05-2007, 08:41 PM
go the toad fish you can all ways get one of them

minno
24-05-2007, 11:00 PM
S\P,s would not have been any help to the lady, but good on her for give it a go.
I think only the hard core local fisho would have a chance at catching a brizzy bream. Their made of tough stuff, if you know that I mean.;D

minno

el_carpo
25-05-2007, 04:09 AM
;D For $10,000 I'd use as much explosives as I could get away with before having to serve jail time. A little community service never hurt anyone and if they fined me anything under $10,000, I'd still be ahead!;D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wRqgeU-FQL0

Davemclean
25-05-2007, 07:15 AM
I would fish a float on one of the rods, so I could see bites for a start, and while watching that, have a go with the placcies

kingtin
25-05-2007, 07:50 AM
I would fish a float on one of the rods, so I could see bites for a start,

So what's wrong with swingtipping Dave? ;) ;D mate, I reckon if we could get that gear here, we'd clean up. Had my best tench and bream swingtipping.

kev

Davemclean
25-05-2007, 07:56 AM
So what's wrong with swingtipping Dave? ;) ;D mate, I reckon if we could get that gear here, we'd clean up. Had my best tench and bream swingtipping.

kev

lol

not to good at swing tipping as I balls up my casting with them, lol, but my fave float, feeder and carp rods will be coming with me when I move, so I will find out :D I reckon a 13 foot float rod with 2 kilo line would be a great method mate ;) (I also know how to make my own floats so that's a plus ;D )

Robsie
03-06-2007, 06:13 PM
hmmm i wonder what size hooks they gave the lady to fish with. i reckon if i was nova and i was putting up 10k, i would give her a fairly decent sized hook. one small enough to look good, but big enough that all the little pickers would miss it.

Lovey80
03-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Robsie she'd never fished before thats harsh. If it didnt matter what i caught i recon i could of done it.

Cheers Chris