PDA

View Full Version : Got my new boat today!!!

pebble_monkey
23-05-2007, 06:19 PM
I picked up the new boat this morning, much to my excitement. Put the new anchors on and got all the gear in (after a quick trip to the local tackle shop for some new tackle boxes .... can't have a messy new boat!). I was just getting ready to drive to the boat ramp when ................. what do you know ............. the phone rings. Some visitors just passing through in their new motorhome want to stop in and say hi!! I have to say i thought very seriously about telling them that we were out on a job, but that darn concience of mine .... "sure pop in" i said .... "we'd love to see you" ...... after all, they would be keen to keep moving ... WOULDN"T THEY!! 4hrs later (and one exsasperated sigh), I started to see the sun going down, just as my visitors were saying goodbye, I could feel the disappointment course through me, but alas. "Keep that smile on your face" I thought to myself. There's always tommorow ........... so as the phone rings again and a job comes in ..... i resign myself to the knowledge that I have my new boat and ONE DAY i WILL get it on the water.

Sobbing uncontrolably
Petra:-/

Owen
23-05-2007, 06:31 PM
:bomb: Bloody visitors... Someone should blow 'em up!
So where's the pics?

Petra's not a common name.. You didn't live at Wolfedene many many moons ago?

Mercury16
23-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Have faith mate

russ81
23-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Hows it going mate
Murphy's law at its best.
Russ

pebble_monkey
23-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Petra's not a common name.. You didn't live at Wolfedene many many moons ago?

I don't have that many moons behind me;D they are however starting to add up:'( ...... and no, i never lived in Wolfedene ... i was in .... The Gap .... Surfers Paradise ... Logan Village ..... but never Wolfedene. Must be another top girl!!!::)

Cheers
Petra

Foxy4
23-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Visitors and In Laws. What more can one say. Should be a law against both.

Foxy4
23-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Pics and more info would be good as well

juju
23-05-2007, 07:17 PM
I had to wait for the E-Tec to come in, so i had a real wait before i could hit the water.......it will all fall into place for you at some stage but...there is nothing like the first trip out:D :D .

bushbeachboy
24-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Next time try this...prepare enough food for lots of visitors, tidy the house etc etc. Then you might have Murphy on your side & you get to go fishing. Hehe. Should keep all visitors away.8-)

bushbeachboy
24-05-2007, 09:51 AM
Oh... congrats on the new boat. What is it? Any pics?

ozscott
24-05-2007, 11:09 AM
...must have pics Petra

Durnick
24-05-2007, 12:58 PM
I've had my new boat since (my first boat ever!) since 14th May and still haven't got to take her out! I don't get my boat licence until 4th June so I still have a week and a half to wait. It's very frustrating, to say the least. So, I guess I know what you mean!!

pebble_monkey
24-05-2007, 06:30 PM
Ok ... i only have one pic so far ..... the rest are on the camera, this one's from the phone.
It's a 4.55 Sea Jay Haven Sport - Side console - 60Hp 4stroke Yamaha

Ohhhh and I got to go out for a quick spin TODAY ;D ;D ;D VERY HAPPY NOW:2vrolijk_08:

themissus
25-05-2007, 01:27 PM
Very Nice!!
And you know what to do next time... lie, lie,lie!!!;D ;D ;D
Cheers Kim.

bluefin59
25-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Very nice boat mate hope to see you out and about soon you will just have to make time i guess lots of luck with her mate ..bluefin598-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

mamu
25-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Wolfdene borders Logan Village, I only recently moved from "The Village" after 10 years great years there.
Mamu

pebble_monkey
26-05-2007, 05:06 PM
Wolfdene borders Logan Village, I only recently moved from "The Village" after 10 years great years there.
Mamu

Your right, it does, but it's a round trip to get there;D the only time i ventured down Quinzeh creek rd to wolffedene was to go to the cedar creek pony club.
I was in "The Village" for 2.5 years and Buccan prior to that for about 3 years however (shhh don't tell anyone) I frequented the Karaoke at the village on fridays & sundays for about 10 years:P

We moved up to Bundaberg just on 3 years ogo.

Cheers
Petra