PDA

View Full Version : Where we all from?

RCG008
22-05-2007, 08:42 PM
This has been bugging me for a while... Well not bugging but annoying.

What area we all from?

From observing this forum for a year in Coffs Harbour I noticed how much talk on here was Qld based. I think if everyone votes we will have some interesting results.

At a guess 50% of the readers would be SE Qld based.

Cause it never seems like any other news (some from NSW) gets a run. I wonder if the Queenslanders realise how dominant in numbers they are in here. They need something to feel proud about because tomorow night they wont feel cocky. Go the Blues! ::)

And please vote.

Also if you come from somewhere obscure please tell!

russ81
22-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Hows it going mate
i got to admit it i envy you for your braveness but we all know who is going to be the victors you want to make the game a little more interesting i'll bet you a carton (of beer) that the maroons take it out.
Nothing like a bit of friendly fun to make the game a little more interesting.
Lets us know if your interested.
Cheers
Russ

RCG008
22-05-2007, 08:47 PM
PS I voted for Brisbane... Ive been here for 5 or so weeks.

RCG008
22-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Dont start that.. I could be very happy or I'd have to take out a house loan to pay all the crazy Qlders

russ81
22-05-2007, 08:50 PM
Nah i just meant the two of us lol.
I tried to PM you but it wouldnt let me

RCG008
22-05-2007, 08:58 PM
I must have some option locked down. I will try and fixx. Might skip on the bet as I already have 2 running. LOL

If I worked for xxxx it would be a different story.

russ81
22-05-2007, 09:01 PM
No probs mate
Cheers anyways
Russ

RCG008
22-05-2007, 09:16 PM
thanks for letting me know about the PM. Apparently someone....me.... forgot to change his email about when i stopped an account a couple of weeks ago...

Should be good to go now.

russ81
22-05-2007, 09:22 PM
no probs mate glad to be of help

snelly1971
22-05-2007, 09:37 PM
Tassie born and Bred...and I having no intention of moving....where else can you go deep sea fishing day in day out and not see any other boats...We have the place to ourselves...

Cheers Mick

blaze
22-05-2007, 09:54 PM
had trouble trying to work out or find what to vote for as I couldnt see
"GODS COUNTRY"
so I voted for tassie as its the closest ya got
cheers
blaze

bushbeachboy
22-05-2007, 10:11 PM
The Burdekin fishing paradise...for now

Eagle
22-05-2007, 11:17 PM
I thought this was a fishing forum not a beef about football. Personally, I hate and despise football, rugby, cricket, golf, soccer, baseball, basket ball and every other ......ball and car racing, tennis, bike racing and any other stuff I may have missed the name of. Every channel on tv is loaded with the rotten muck on the weekends and most nights. I hate it all. Grow up and enjoy a MANS sport. It's called FISHING!! Now I'm getting over-excited and carried away. Gotta slow down. If you like ball games, could you please, please! keep the comments extremely short or pm them to those that want them.
Now where was I? Oh yes, fishing; I fish from Yeppoon around Keppel Bay and all the islands. What a glorious place. We almost decided to settle down in Tassie but the warmer northern parts called louder than the cooler (cold) south. Oh, one other sport that I did enjoy was catching feral pigs (with dogs) and knocking them off with a knife. A bit hard at night on foot but great stuff! My dream is to get me some of those black (or fawn) panthers that were shown on tv a few weeks ago but that's another story and not for the fishweb.

Eagle

russ81
22-05-2007, 11:54 PM
hey mate take it easy
its called freedom of speech and if you read the title of the Thread it is WHERE ARE YOU FROM not where do you fish and not your life story so you should heed your own advise before you start rambling.

Davemclean
23-05-2007, 04:13 AM
I'm a half pom, lol, I have started saving in earnest to emmigrate, prefferably somewhere in Queenslamd

CHAPPY
23-05-2007, 09:17 AM
I.m from two and a half hours west of SE Qld. In Kingaroy. that two and a half hours is from Brisbane, Noosa, Hervey Bay and Tin Can So ,far enough away from the maddening crowd, but close enough to fish. Also close enough to the dams.
Hoping to shift to Tin Can in the new year.

Bush Budah

zigfreed
23-05-2007, 12:06 PM
PS I voted for Brisbane... Ive been here for 5 or so weeks.

G Day RCG

Are you they guy i met a car lovers stafford a couple of weeks ago??? too many cars not enough space for boats, remeber?

Zig

AutoPilot
23-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Hi all,
Waterford here......looks like the pole is going strong for the south east.
Cheers
Scott

ellicat
23-05-2007, 04:41 PM
I've noticed the count in NZ is zero. Is that because they're all here ? or don't they have internet yet ? :D:P

Ausfish
23-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Here is a Member Map that was done a while ago, from the old forum profile info. Give you a rough idea of the spread around the country. Problem with polls is that they only show results of those that vote, not all members.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/uploads/membermap.jpg

385EXPLORER
23-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Top place to be, old QLD. Long time reader ,first post.I live east brissy, good readin reports from close to home,Davemclean with the pound to the dollar we should see you pretty soon eh.

RCG008
23-05-2007, 10:16 PM
I thought this was a fishing forum not a beef about football. Personally, I hate and despise football, rugby, cricket, golf, soccer, baseball, basket ball and every other ......ball and car racing, tennis, bike racing and any other stuff I may have missed the name of. Every channel on tv is loaded with the rotten muck on the weekends and most nights. I hate it all. Grow up and enjoy a MANS sport. It's called FISHING!! Now I'm getting over-excited and carried away. Gotta slow down. If you like ball games, could you please, please! keep the comments extremely short or pm them to those that want them.
Now where was I? Oh yes, fishing; I fish from Yeppoon around Keppel Bay and all the islands. What a glorious place. We almost decided to settle down in Tassie but the warmer northern parts called louder than the cooler (cold) south. Oh, one other sport that I did enjoy was catching feral pigs (with dogs) and knocking them off with a knife. A bit hard at night on foot but great stuff! My dream is to get me some of those black (or fawn) panthers that were shown on tv a few weeks ago but that's another story and not for the fishweb.

Eagle

Mate a lot dumber fish would bite at this. Get over yourself and be friendly.

Sick of Ausfish members trying to be funny when there not.

kingtin
24-05-2007, 09:52 AM
Davemclean with the pound to the dollar we should see you pretty soon eh.

Doesn't always work out that way mate, as it can move pretty fast.

When we sold up to come here, the day an offer was put on the house, the rate was 44 pence to the dollar. By the time contracts were exchanged and the money was coming over here, it had changed to 51p to the dollar :'( We lost a lot of money from when our visas were first approved. I remember it well, 'cause it was the same as the price of an Aussie litre of petrol 51 cents :o ::) Look at it now (petrol prices) in only 12 yrs!

We've got another house under contract in the UK and at the time the offer was put in, it was 38p to the dollar...........we've not completed yet (freakin' solicitors), but since then it has gone up to 41.3 and it's now about 40.7. When you're selling a house worth a million bucks (which isn't a lot by UK standards) It can make the difference between a comfortable start here, or a slow start ie buying a boat straight away, or waiting ;D

It actually doesn't pay to watch the exchange rate and leave money over there whilst waiting for a better rate, if you're going to pay your Australian mortgage off with the money. The fluctuations don't equate anywhere near what you would be paying in Australian interest if you didn't bring the money over, irrespective of rate.

Keep your eye on the ball Dave, and remember, the money's bugger all. I'd sooner have a lower standard of living here, compensated for by the Aussie lifestyle, than be a millionaire in the UK.

kev

kev

rob tranter
24-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Hi all
This has been done before, but without the pole.
As Ausfish said the map shows better

Mick, how can you say Tassie we fish every day? come on you've been whinging on another thread about the wind blowing day in and day out;D

Lucky for you and Blaze the maps up, I was going to ask which one of you is the .79%:D

At the risk of upsetting someone
"GO THE BLUES GAME TWO"
Congrats to the morons they deserved the win.::)
Oh yeh I voted Northern NSW The Real Gods Country;)

Come on Agnes Water M&G

Rob8-)

Sean
24-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Yah, I hate when everyone talks about footy, because footy is not about fishing it's about footy and when people talk about footy all the time it makes me feel like footy isn't the answer, it's just footy.
I mean I take Fishing so seriously there is no way I could possibly let anything else into my life like footy. It would almost be like cheating on my fishing. I think they should just delete all the programs on tv. espec. the FOOTY. and JUST have fishing. That would make ME so much happier. If we all just sat here and talked about how QLD won the first game for like, 1 whole post that would only leave 568000 other posts I could read about fishing and that is just not enough. I think I might start a petition banning all sport, played or watched...except fishing because thats what I like.
Anway, I DON'T want to harp on because we are here to talk about fishing not how QLD Won in the Second Half again, or how much they lifted and left NSW for dead in the second half, because thats not what we are here for. We don't want to talk about that great pas from Jarrod Hayne that set Lockyer up nor do we want to talk about how good a player Johnathon Thurston is. And we definantly don't want to make it long-winded So I live in Northern NSW, I think fishing is just ACE and I hate NSW Blues!

Sean

Sean
24-05-2007, 04:13 PM
One more thing.....Go the MAROONS!!! Fishing......fishing....fishing.....

kingtin
25-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Just testing something. Moving Sean's last post off as last reply as it keeps updating the time of his response ie.......his post was at 4.13 yesterday but is showing as 3.52 today on the general section page and has been updating the time all day today.

kev

kingtin
25-05-2007, 05:54 PM
It's magic I tell you! ;D Now it's doing it with my post! ;D

shaman
25-05-2007, 07:03 PM
So I live in Northern NSW, I think fishing is just ACE and I hate NSW Blues!

Sean

Are you a Traitor or were you born in Q.L.D ?????????????????>:( >:( >:(

coola
25-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Tassie born and Bred...and I having no intention of moving....where else can you go deep sea fishing day in day out and not see any other boats...We have the place to ourselves...

Cheers Mick
Hi mick (snelly1971) Iam ex tassie and realy miss the best fishing any where in AUS, I've fished North, East and West coast of tassie and inland waters (trout).
I never go back without a rod. I hope you keep enjoying it down there lucky bugger!!!
COOLA

RCG008
25-05-2007, 07:49 PM
I know the map shows where everyone is from. What it dosnt show and what some people mightn see... is the intesity of members from SE Qld.

Thats probably more what I was looking for. And I wasnt far of the mark with 50%. Dosnt suprise me. Its extremely interesting.

peter minnikin
25-05-2007, 11:31 PM
yep redlandbay here mate;D

snelly1971
26-05-2007, 01:01 AM
Hi mick (snelly1971) Iam ex tassie and realy miss the best fishing any where in AUS, I've fished North, East and West coast of tassie and inland waters (trout).
I never go back without a rod. I hope you keep enjoying it down there lucky bugger!!!
COOLA

Yep.....we are lucky down here...beats that bloody rat race up there...

Cheers Mick

PS A rat race to me is more than 10 people near me..LOL

kingtin
26-05-2007, 05:10 PM
This thread is still updating the times of the last postings for some reason ie

Snelly posted his response at 1.01 am yet the general page has continued to update the time of his posting..........as I post this, it was showing Snelly as posting at 4.42 pm instead of 1.01 am.

kev

Black_Rat
27-05-2007, 07:01 PM
This thread is still updating the times of the last postings for some reason ie

Snelly posted his response at 1.01 am yet the general page has continued to update the time of his posting..........as I post this, it was showing Snelly as posting at 4.42 pm instead of 1.01 am.

kev

Kev,

I noticed the same thing on another "poll" thread & thought I was going batty ;D we might be the only 2 ::)

The only explanation I can come up with is whenever someone votes but dosen't leave a post the time of previous post reply changes to when the last vote was made ? 8-)

kingtin
27-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Kev,

I noticed the same thing on another "poll" thread & thought I was going batty ;D we might be the only 2 ::)

The only explanation I can come up with is whenever someone votes but dosen't leave a post the time of previous post reply changes to when the last vote was made ? 8-)

That's it mate..................I can get some sleep now ;D

kev

makubwa
28-05-2007, 08:08 AM
From Zimbabwe........

RCG008
29-05-2007, 03:37 PM
Well I definitly didnt expect to see Zimbabwe on here.... But location is London. Welcome anyway.

Nine Lives
29-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Hi all ilive in Kallangure north brisbane,

I fish the pine river mainly and sometimes the northern bay.

I would be keen to here from others in my area.

cheers Brian

haggis
29-05-2007, 08:54 PM
from the north side of Brisbane .
went to Tazzie and nearly stayed but the wife said we came here to get away from that sort of weather .................................
cheers fae haggis ..............

scubajay08
29-05-2007, 09:09 PM
port lincoln south aus. Now thats gods country.pleanty of space for fishing with heaps of fish and no-one else in sight. bloody cold at the moment though..

RCG008
29-05-2007, 10:16 PM
Id love to fish South Australia.

Heard you guys have the Biggest Kingies and whiting.

Heard some of the Hoodlums nudge 30+ Kgs.

Gotta get me some of that.

t4topcat
31-05-2007, 11:05 PM
Mackay is the place to be, Reef, estuary/creeks and dams, we've got it pretty much all covered.

Cheers

Chris

Sepultallica
01-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Townsville here...great city to live

Davemclean
05-06-2007, 09:47 PM
Sepultallica eh, good taste in music :D

wessel
05-06-2007, 11:11 PM
Born in Namibia, raised in South Africa, married to a Brisbane lass, living in the Middle East (Qatar) and with a place and family over in Maryborough. If only the boss will approve my leave form then I will be over for a whole three weeks with nothing planned but fishing for that trip.....

Wessel

Covertfly
06-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Well i know i voted for Southern NSW as that is where i am at the moment, as i think that is the info your poll is targeting. But i have been all over this great country of ours, and have fished in all states and territories. but to make it clear i still call myself a Qld'er when it comes down to the state of origin. But if comes down to loyalty re fishing i can't make my mind up as i have enjoyed the fishing in all the places i have been. so if it comes down to it we all live in gods country, just some have bigger fish and some have smaller fish. if you use light tackle on the smaller fish they can be just as exciting sometimes as taking on a barra or even a marlin.

Craig

finga
14-06-2007, 07:30 PM
Here is a Member Map that was done a while ago, from the old forum profile info. Give you a rough idea of the spread around the country. Problem with polls is that they only show results of those that vote, not all members.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/uploads/membermap.jpg
What's all the pretty colours mean Steve??

Spaniard_King
14-06-2007, 07:57 PM
Which one are you scott :D

don't think I made that one:D

Garry

smee
15-06-2007, 09:02 AM
Finga just noticed that your possibly from warrick my best mate comes from there and was wundering if its true that yous ride goats a play the banjo with six fingers or is that only his family.lol
regards smee

RCG008
17-06-2007, 10:23 AM
Qlders are currently holding 76% of the voting as a collective group. Bit more than I first thought. But my guess for 50% being in SE qld was right. Thanks for everyone voting and I hope you understand what my initial post was all about. When I lived in NSW and used this forum It always seemed there was a lot of Qlders on here. Its weird to see how there is hardly anyone on here percentage wise south of Sydney.

Dignity
17-06-2007, 07:59 PM
What's all the pretty colours mean Steve??

had same thought, also wondered that you used pins instead of a fish icon

finga
19-06-2007, 04:34 PM
Finga just noticed that your possibly from warrick my best mate comes from there and was wundering if its true that yous ride goats a play the banjo with six fingers or is that only his family.lol
regards smee
That's if you live at Killarney.
Q. What's the definition of confusion
A. Fathersday in Killarney ;D
Mind you I don't know about some in Warwick either :-/
Cheers then
Scott :)

tully
20-06-2007, 12:54 PM
port lincoln south aus. Now thats gods country.pleanty of space for fishing with heaps of fish and no-one else in sight. bloody cold at the moment though..

lived in Newcastle for last 15 years and love it.
Good to hear from you scuba, am from S.A. originally and spent many years surfing, working, fishing around port lincoln, streaky, ceduna. Worked on a tuna poling boat in early 80,s. Great part of the world.

Timbothecat
20-06-2007, 11:58 PM
Hi all.

Just joined the forum tonight and this is my third post.

I live in Thornton (about 20 minutes West of Newcastle) and moved up from Melbourne early this year. Only been fishing since September 06 but am mad keen for it (I've learned to tie some knots and everything!!!). Have given up a promising cricket career to take up fishing because let's face it, at 37 (tomorrow -correction, today, just went midnight as I was writing this) I reckon I may have missed my chance at a Baggy Green. ;)

Anyway, Love Newcastle and the fishing (caught a 25-30lb dewie on 10lb line off north reef which was about the 7th biggest buzz of my life, the other 6 being the day I married my beautiful wife and the birth of my 5 awesome kids.) and look forward to meeting up with some of you all over Australia in the future.

All the best guys.

Tim.

billsy
21-06-2007, 05:04 PM
karuah,port stephens plenty of variety river,beach,rock,offshore and freshwater but i envy those nth qld fishos a little

cheers franko

Dignity
21-06-2007, 07:35 PM
Hi all.

Just joined the forum tonight and this is my third post.

I live in Thornton (about 20 minutes West of Newcastle) and moved up from Melbourne early this year. Only been fishing since September 06 but am mad keen for it (I've learned to tie some knots and everything!!!). Have given up a promising cricket career to take up fishing because let's face it, at 37 (tomorrow -correction, today, just went midnight as I was writing this) I reckon I may have missed my chance at a Baggy Green. ;)

Anyway, Love Newcastle and the fishing (caught a 25-30lb dewie on 10lb line off north reef which was about the 7th biggest buzz of my life, the other 6 being the day I married my beautiful wife and the birth of my 5 awesome kids.) and look forward to meeting up with some of you all over Australia in the future.

All the best guys.

Tim.

5 kids, no wonder you never had time to go fishing before and no wonder you want to go now ;D

Timbothecat
22-06-2007, 12:26 AM
5 kids, no wonder you never had time to go fishing before and no wonder you want to go now ;D

LOL.

No. 6 due Feb 08.

Love fishing with them though. Particularly the older 2 (14 in August and 10, both boys) as they are right into it. My daughter surprises me at times with the stuff she comes out with but she gets bored to quickly at present so it tends to get a little frustrating. I just take her when they aren't really on the chew so that I can teach her a few things and when she's had enough we just choof off.

Goodz
22-06-2007, 09:12 PM
just arrived in arnhemland where I'll be for the next couple years. I'm the only one who voted NT :o

Got off the plane today at 11am and was out on the boat by 12 for an arvo fish! A few nice black jews to start off the never ending fishing trip! ;D

Dignity
23-06-2007, 09:23 AM
LOL.

No. 6 due Feb 08.

Love fishing with them though. Particularly the older 2 (14 in August and 10, both boys) as they are right into it. My daughter surprises me at times with the stuff she comes out with but she gets bored to quickly at present so it tends to get a little frustrating. I just take her when they aren't really on the chew so that I can teach her a few things and when she's had enough we just choof off.

great to see you teaching the kids to fish although with no 6 on the way where do you find the time:o

Timbothecat
28-06-2007, 10:38 PM
great to see you teaching the kids to fish although with no 6 on the way where do you find the time:o

For the fishing or the babies?;):P

Actually my wife loves it when I grab a couple of the cherubs and head off out the door. The beauty of where we are means we can fish the Hunter at Ash Island off the pontoon or the Hunter in at Newcastle, the beach at Stockton right up to the Signa or in the boat either on the river or outside so we have plenty of choices and use them often. I probably fish (except for at the moment due to flooding) around 3-4 times per week (not often enough off the boat though>:() so the missus gets quite a few quite times throughout the week.

Generally what I do is get up REEEEAAAAL early in the morning -like about 2am- after getting gear/bait/essentials ready the night before and get a few hours in before I come home (hopefully cook some fish for breaky) have a shower and bugger off to work. That can take it's toll but I have been suffering more since the flooding so obviously the busy lifestyle helps for some reason.

2rods
28-06-2007, 11:26 PM
Well... looks like I am not alone..there are 2 of us from the NT.

I am in sunny Darwin.. been here for 15 years..

But I grew up in Ipswich and fished all around SE QLD with the old man and granddad... I still fish around Maroom (sp) where mum and dad have a place just for fishing;D

cheers

2rods

Goodz
29-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Yay another NTer! :D Hows darwin goin? Is it as windy as it is here? hoping it'll calm off for fishin this weekend!

jackscatch
02-07-2007, 02:08 PM
Im in CQ area in Tannum Sands near gladstone

The_Grunt
03-07-2007, 11:18 PM
Hi All

I am a fairly new member from SA (yes we have internet !;D )
I am new to fishing and am hoping to get my new quintrex bowrider in a few weeks so expect lots of questions, as i have absolutely no idea at all where fishing is concerned !:)

birdman67
04-07-2007, 12:04 AM
Batemans Bay , NSW south coast. VIC bourn. Go the maroons. Mite live in NSW dont have too go for them. Storm, Carlton & Brumbies.:D Fishing. Recent member.
Bird

wheelerdog
06-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Torres Strait, any one else from this far up?????????home of all fish fast and cranky;D

RCG008
10-07-2007, 05:23 PM
Good to see this post still going. And lots of newbies and far off people posting.

Had a fair few votes now. I reckon we could get to 400 votes in total. And if it kept going the thread might get more post than the BCF debate.

Good to see the NT and SA boys on here. I hope to visit these fish plentiful parts of our countries one day.

Chas & Clarry
14-07-2007, 07:24 AM
We're new to the site and are from SE Qld, but in the past couple of weeks have managed to fish as far afield as Mackay (nice bream and elbow slapping whiting in the Pioneer River)...so its not just where you are from it is also about where you manage to fish.

Love the site!...and pretty happy that 50% live in our area, (it is fantastic for our local knowledge base:D ), but great to use the search engine to find stuff about other areas when needed

C&C

RCG008
15-07-2007, 01:53 PM
We're new to the site and are from SE Qld, but in the past couple of weeks have managed to fish as far afield as Mackay (nice bream and elbow slapping whiting in the Pioneer River)...so its not just where you are from it is also about where you manage to fish.

Love the site!...and pretty happy that 50% live in our area, (it is fantastic for our local knowledge base:D ), but great to use the search engine to find stuff about other areas when needed

C&C

I realise we all fish in different spots. If someone ran a poll to see were we all fish in our life we'd need thousands of options.

Maybe food for thought.

Welcome aboard !

hbenlulu
27-07-2007, 06:14 PM
Hi All,

I am also new to this site and I am from Israel. Obviously I can’t share any hot spots for fishing but I will share everything else.

I love Australia and I love this site.

oztrav
03-09-2007, 05:40 PM
ipswich heading to mackay in two weeks looking forward to the options that will open up for me

slabjig
04-09-2007, 08:50 AM
Corvallis, Oregon, USA. Might want to challenge the Blaze on how close he is to God's Country, by my reckoning, he's about 8000 miles away

STUIE63
04-09-2007, 10:13 AM
Townsville sunny North Queensland but I mainly fish the hinchinbrook and associated islands and reefs out of lucinda once again gods country he's got alot of countries hasn't he
Stuie

mudrunner
04-09-2007, 11:29 AM
good thread.

im soon to russell island. 1 month and counting, 30, 29, 28.....8-)

minno
04-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Let me get this right! You are asking where are you from. Not where we all from. If you are asking where do we all come from, I can only say from australia. hehehe. Why! do you want to know?

Minno

Chubbstar
06-09-2007, 03:37 PM
I'm in South east Qld, up from good ole Tasmania. I love it here. I must admit the fishing is a bit better in Tassie, But maybe I just have'nt found a good spot yet?
Oh and as soon as I hit the Queensland bourder I became a QUEENSLANDER.

Timfishin4fun
06-09-2007, 04:13 PM
Windaroo near beenleigh and yatala, close to the pin and goldy for me.

kazzz101
06-09-2007, 11:16 PM
hi to all anglers,,left tassie 86 and sick of crayfish went to WA in the dessert no sea food 6 hours to water ummm preciate what we have ,,,:)

kazzz101
06-09-2007, 11:32 PM

Cheers Mick

hi good to hear,, left tassie some years ago been back quite often ,,im karen one of norm farrows daughters .......

polky
08-09-2007, 03:51 AM
Tannum Sands, 20ks out from Gladstone, top spot with good reefs,bigTVs, and plenty of sport woops. Polky.

catfishkid
10-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Was redcliffe but have recently moved to Tin Can Bay,any ausfishers up this way please feel free to contact me as I could use some new fishing mates.:)

Cheers craig

Flattie Assassin
12-09-2007, 01:39 PM
i'm living on Bribie, Can often be found kayaking up pumistone with some plastics.. :)

Dignity
17-09-2007, 08:00 PM
Was Algester but now Dicky Beach. Although have to keep coming back to Brisbane more often than I like.

Handyman
17-09-2007, 09:38 PM
Just wanted to congratulate RCG008 on his prediction. He started this thread in May with the gues that about 50% would be from SEQ. (I would have thought more than that).

4 months and 469 votes later, including mine for Northern NSW, and he's only 1.17% off!!!:o

Also, he apparently picked a topic of interest to a few other people when it's still going after 4 months.

oldboot
18-09-2007, 08:16 PM
good to see the concentration of QLD'ers and QLD content....... it partly compensates for the vast majority of the southerncentric fishing media.

I picked up the "fish sucker's" ( sorry kisser's) big book on places to fish before you die......... the vast majority are in NSW... I think there are two locations mentioned in QLD...... perhaps this is why the price is reduced from $80 to $19.95. needles to say I put it down again.

If been reading a lot of fishing books and mags lately and the southern centricity is very strong.

we can read up here in QLD you know...... example this forum;D

cheers

NAGG
19-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Hi All ..... I'm from Sydney NSW :) Though I do try to travel up to Qld twice a year for a fish ..... & hence my membership to what is the best fishing web site in OZ8-) .....lick lick kiss kiss;)
I'd love to live in SE Qld .... but my career keeps me in Syd

braz
04-10-2007, 07:51 PM
Merimbula, (near Eden) Far South Coast of NSW.
Is there anyone else out there from this area?
Cheers Braz

Reel
04-10-2007, 11:20 PM
Been in Brissie for 16years, originally from Norfolk Island ah yes that little gem in the South Pacific from one fishing paradise to another if only there were more fish to catch here.

Didnt engage in the poll as theres no category for where i come from, so guess its Australia.

Sean
09-10-2007, 07:17 AM
Corvallis, Oregon, USA. Might want to challenge the Blaze on how close he is to God's Country, by my reckoning, he's about 8000 miles away

WTF???? I thought you said you were from the USA? That was gods dump originally then they filled it in and built an estate there!!!!!;D

Blueroo
08-11-2007, 08:15 PM
Good old sunny Redcliffe on Brissie northside.
Stue

Longshot
08-11-2007, 10:24 PM
Good old sunny Redcliffe on Brissie northside.
Stue

What he said, except we are not part of Brisbane.

salmonking
13-11-2007, 09:41 PM
WTF???? I thought you said you were from the USA? That was gods dump originally then they filled it in and built an estate there!!!!!;D

bloody right there!!america......cant stand the place!!and before anyone starts i dont like the uk either!thats why we are moving to brisbane next month!!!way hayyyyyyyyyyyyy8-)

Dreamweaver
19-11-2007, 08:59 AM
Rarely sunny Mount Barker (WA not SA) about 30 mins roughly north of Albany WA :)

Mount Barker saying:
'If you don't like the weather - wait 30 minutes ' ;D

cricket
19-11-2007, 10:01 AM
I'm from Geelong VIC we have to travel up north to do any serious game fishing, all we get down here is sharks, snapper,:-[ and of late some big SBT off portland:grin: cheers Noel

Homer28
20-11-2007, 09:12 PM
I moved from Victoria to here (Qld) 4 weeks ago, i think most of you guys would have heard of Phillp Island in Vic, well i grew up 10 mins from the Island, but fishing up here is TOTALY different to what im used to..

Cheers homer

horseboy
21-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Grew up in Broome and now Live in Townsville.

WADE

RCG008
30-11-2007, 11:44 PM
This was started in May by me. And as I suspected the large majority of us come from se qld.

It is great to see people still posting on this thread as opposed to stupid threads like the BCF thread.

We are all here for one course, FISHING, I think this post reflects that

THANKYOU FOR EVERONE THAT VOTED

Chris J
31-12-2007, 06:00 AM
grew up in Ayr Nth QLD now live in caboolture

chris

shifty-magic
03-01-2008, 01:47 AM
hahaha go sydney west suburbs lol

i live near the ever so bad mount druitt lol well its not so bad

i rarely do my fishing only when near some water if its raining good to ttry and catch a cat XD

i have 4 rods and a bad load of soft plastics lol i always reuse them never actually thow any away unless they are torn ripped or eaten by baby puffers.

i ahve a lot of gear for someone who rarely goes fishing if i do tis down at ulladulla south coast nsw.

hahah im a younging who loves fishing

cheers C.W

crossy
04-01-2008, 09:28 PM
culburra beach NSW, down near nowra. But moving to Darwin in feb

Wheelchairguy
04-01-2008, 09:33 PM
south east qld here mate, south brisbane, usually head down the tweed with my best mate TinTin as he's got the hornet, always looking for new places to go to toss a few lures and meet a few mates.

garret
05-01-2008, 09:20 PM
from the uk origionally but now living in melbourne (couldnt stand the heat and humidity up north) not bad fishing round here but tassie is excellent and i dont mind the cold one bit;D;D

Bubba Gump
07-01-2008, 09:09 AM
Grew up in Sydney and I have lived in Europe for the past 11 years. Soon to be moving home because I do mind the cold!:vrolijk_1:

Big bosco 1
07-01-2008, 02:56 PM
A big thunmbs up for queensland im from ipswich and totaly agree with eagle it,s a fishing forum not your lounge room so keep it fishing cheers Bosco ;D

Cammy
07-01-2008, 11:39 PM
i have seen this post over and over but never actually posted on it. i came from canberra, but now live in brisbane, albany creek. i probably wont get a reply from this but i saw a boat at the locAL BP on sunday, pumpin his tires up and i saw he had a blue ausfish sticker on it, it had a blue canope over the top, and i think it was a 4.7 something pro fisher. i would have stopped to say hi but it looks like u were busy with the tires and i wanted to get home quick, so yer hope u see this so i no who u r lol.

cam

tony135
14-01-2008, 10:19 AM
Live in between maitland and Newcastle, is interesting to see where we all come from!

Mac_Attack
31-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Newcastle Fisho!

1975fflh
31-01-2008, 12:32 PM
sydney newcastle WOLLONONG

thats about 400klms and a lot of different fish.

I suppose we can accept them northeners down here in gods country but bring yer passport

Xahn1960
01-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Ex- Victorian ( Go Pies !!!! ) but after 24 years here I guess I could call Mt Isa home. :)

seamaid
01-02-2008, 02:48 PM
:d :d
Queenslander
South East Hervey Bay
Best Of Fishing
Cheers Ged

WHALEOIL
01-02-2008, 03:01 PM
The mung looks spoilt Ged. How old is it?

seamaid
01-02-2008, 08:28 PM
;D

The mung looks spoilt Ged. How old is it?

Hi Whaleoil
Yar not wrong, spoilt no, mollycoddle yes, Pure breed English Staff
Tessa is 15years & showing it, mums girl.

WHALEOIL
02-02-2008, 07:08 AM
;D

Hi Whaleoil
Yar not wrong, spoilt no, mollycoddle yes, Pure breed English Staff
Tessa is 15years & showing it, mums girl.

Great stuff. They're easy to mollycoddle. We have a Jack Russell and we can't go fishing without him. Grab the rods and he's in the car and wont get out.

He's in the shit at the moment because he has found a dead roo somewhere and is covered in it.

Breambuster33
03-02-2008, 01:24 PM
i still call victoria point home::)

OldManRiver
05-02-2008, 10:34 AM
Dubbo.......Port Macquarie...........Wellington Point. Work in construction,turn 50 this year.been fishin since I was 5,love it.

GavinW
05-02-2008, 12:22 PM
Less than 3 percent Victorians we must not own many computers down here coz i see plenty of us fishing.

Marky Mark
05-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Port Macquarie, NSW mid-north coast. Been a Fishnetter for a while, looked around for something a bit less WP, PPB obsessed (sooo many Mexicans...) and now it seems I've found the Qld dominated site, dang where do all us Welshies hang out?;D

Rocket01
05-02-2008, 06:14 PM
London Uk
But soon to become a whinging pom in Townsville.

jimbo 69
05-02-2008, 07:54 PM
spent 35 yrs in Mt Isa, but moved to Ayr 3 yrs ago;D

TCSunCoast
05-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Eagle, I thought you NQ ers were way more relaxed than that. It seems you are not doing enough fishing and you are a little tense. Go easy on the car racing, its not always good fishing weather.

Must get to Gods country one day, if the I leave the sunshine coast. I do like the bit about not sharing, do tourists count when passing by looking for a fish??????????

Cam-82
07-02-2008, 12:13 PM
I voted south aus as that is where i live. But as 4 where i am from QUEENSLAND will always be home.:2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

Born in Blackall, lived in Brisbane 4 a while but now live in port pirie sa

chief 1
07-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Gladstone is the place to be,i put down barrier reef country,i guess thats right

Outsider1
07-04-2008, 08:21 PM
This has been bugging me for a while... Well not bugging but annoying.

What area we all from?

From observing this forum for a year in Coffs Harbour I noticed how much talk on here was Qld based. I think if everyone votes we will have some interesting results.

At a guess 50% of the readers would be SE Qld based.

Cause it never seems like any other news (some from NSW) gets a run. I wonder if the Queenslanders realise how dominant in numbers they are in here. They need something to feel proud about because tomorow night they wont feel cocky. Go the Blues! ::)

And please vote.

Also if you come from somewhere obscure please tell!

Pretty good guess there RGC008, currently running at 50.15% SE Qld!!! How are you on the horses?!;D;D

Cheers

Dave

ROUGHWATERS
09-04-2008, 11:55 PM
hEY CAN ANYONE PRIVATE MESSAGE ME AND TELL ME HOW I SEARCH FOR SALTWATER FISHING IN VICTORIA EASTERN COAST JUST AFTER SOMEWHERE TO TAKE THE BOAT OUT AND CATCH A FEW NICE FISH.
THANKS GENTS!!

whiting-wizard
10-04-2008, 12:12 AM
Im from cleveland

The_Outlaw
10-04-2008, 11:22 PM
Ipswich Queensland.
Seem's like I'll be stuck fishing the Brissy River for quite some time.
God I wish I lived at the coast.lol.

johnny roger
11-04-2008, 05:16 AM
on top of the range...Atherton FNQ!
John

disorderly
11-04-2008, 08:23 AM
on top of the range...Atherton FNQ!
John

Brrrrrr....getting cold up their in the alps yet, John?http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/wink.gifhttp://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/grin.gif.

Celestial_Teapot
12-04-2008, 08:19 AM
I'm from Hackney, London - the worlds greatest city!

Although I'm now living in Brisbane and I do have to admit the weather and the fishing are a little better here ;).

sheridan
12-04-2008, 05:06 PM
55 yrs in Brissie great place but hope to head north soon to some nice little town on the coast where life is good and fishing is great
Geoff

vb4me
14-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Been almost 12 months since being on this board But I am now a South Aussie and the fishin ( when I get time seems to be great). After spending most of my years on the gold coast Qld and having minimal luck with fishing I am happy to say I made the right move.:D Large Snapper and whiting. Luv it.